Requesting a Downgrade

NukeTim

Has anyone ever requested a downgrade from Princess and been successful? Booked an ocean view guarantee and of did not get an upgrade nor a very good cabin. So, I'm wondering that if I see that a good cabin - even obstructed ocean view, lower deck - becomes available, can I call Princess and ask for the lower category cabin (with no change in the fare). No need for anyone to comment on guarantees or cabin selection - I've learned my lesson that what Princess considers a "higher" category; most people would not consider an "upgraded" cabin. However, P.S. Does Princess change guarantee cabins even after one has been assigned?

If available, you can get another cabin in the same category that the upgrade was in, or you can go back into the pool and chance your luck again. I had gotten upgraded to a BA(from a BF) and it was a cabin on Lido. Wanted an available BB on Caribe and was told no. So, I waited till a BA became available on Caribe and then was able to switch.

Archived