Waxing a Fuzzy Face

ShipRiders

Can result in pimply bumps , I think hair removal cream works well

That woudn't be good:eek:. Sounds like redness would go along with it. I will research creams.

Do you use a particular brand? Or are you just "thinking" creams work well?

OK a professional opinion.

Don't use a hair removal cream at home for a full face hair removal, go to the spa/salon and have it done professionally. Don't have it done in a hair salon in plane view of everyone

A well trained therapist will have you done in no time and their product line will usually have lotions/creams to help with any redness or soreness. Some of our clients have no redness others do, but in normal circumstances the redness will be gone in 12-24 hours in the more extreme.

Just make sure they don't double dip and use a decent wax too, they should test it on themselves (arm etc.) before starting you. You should also fill in a consultation as certain medications react with products especially on the thinner skin of the face, another reason not to do a full facial hair removal at home.

It will go grow back of course but it doesn't grow back any thicker or darker. Waxing over the years you find that some of the hair doesn't actually grown back.

Don't use a hair removal cream at home for a full face hair removal, go to the spa/salon and have it done professionally. Don't have it done in a hair salon in plane view of everyone

A well trained therapist will have you done in no time and their product line will usually have lotions/creams to help with any redness or soreness. Some of our clients have no redness others do, but in normal circumstances the redness will be gone in 12-24 hours in the more extreme.

Just make sure they don't double dip and use a decent wax too, they should test it on themselves (arm etc.) before starting you. You should also fill in a consultation as certain medications react with products especially on the thinner skin of the face, another reason not to do a full facial hair removal at home.

It will go grow back of course but it doesn't grow back any thicker or darker. Waxing over the years you find that some of the hair doesn't actually grown back.

Will do, great advice, thank you.:D

Re : waxing ( from a former professional:) )

I have always waxed some facial areas and always developed some pimples in the areas a few days later, not lots but a few and they are unsightly, I suspect removing the hair in that manner allows for bacteria to get under the skin.

I have recently began having laser hair removal, which is fantastic but only works on dark hair. Pre-laser it is necessary to stop waxing and plucking for a few weeks and shave instead. Shaving was certainly not my preferred method for face so the technician recommended 'Nair' sensitive for face. You spread it on a leave it for a minute to three minutes ( a minute will do to get rid of peach fuzz). I also had a disaster once when I let someone remove my peach fuzz via threading, it was like a rope burn , my whole face came up in giant bumps and then all of the skin peeled and I looked like I had peeling acne for two weeks!

just an aside, I leave my peach fuzz as I have noticed lines show up more when I am completely hairless.

I used to get my lip waxed, but now my skin comes off too! Ouch! I think as I get older, my skin is thinner. (I'm almost 60) I use Olay hair remover at home. Not as good as doing at the salon, but more convenient.

All I can say is, darn peach fuzz! It thought I was going to escape it until I reached 60. I'm afraid to try waxing or creams, so I just leave it. At least it's not dark.

I too have noticed that when I do have around the eyes waxed, lines show up more. I'd rather pluck the dark hairs in that area.

Have you tried what they call threading.... alot of malls have these places I have tried it and it worked well now I am not going to sit here and say it did not hurt but only in certain areas, it takes no more than 15 to 20 minutes and they can do your whole face and it stay pretty much hair free for about 4 to 5 weeks.. Just a thought!!

I've had my lip, brows and chin waxed for years by my salon and I have a kit here at home for when I can't get there. I use an epilator between treatments on my chin because that's where I really can't deal with it from an esteem point of view. The waxing is quick, and as stated by CELTICGIRLCRUISER, there's a point where some of it actually stops.

That woudn't be good:eek:. Sounds like redness would go along with it. I will research creams.

Do you use a particular brand? Or are you just "thinking" creams work well?

I've been using creams for years and never had an adverse affect from them, and they work fine. But - and there is a but - I have very, very fair and very, very fine facial hair. I have friends for whom this just isn't an option and they go for waxing.

The cream I use, by the way, is Veet.

I did try threading a couple of times. The first time I just loved it and loved the smooth look it gave. The second time I had someone who really hadn't been trained well and I ended up with a face covered in welts and tiny little cuts. Ouch!

I think Threading is quite sore and you need to find someone who really knows what they are doing as stated above.:eek:ouch.

Ouch is so right - I actually had to get her to stop as I was in tears; it was like the death of a thousand stings.

I used to employ an Indian girl at the spa to come in and do brows/upperlip/chin, as it is quite popular out in India and she was good but once the clients tried it they went back to waxing, she never got any repeat clients.

We get the odd request for it now but I don't offer it anymore.

And for the record, I just can't see anyone using theading to have their whole face done, it would be quite painful and take a long time.

Guest maddycat

What do you mean by double dip?

I used to employ an Indian girl at the spa to come in and do brows/upperlip/chin, as it is quite popular out in India and she was good but once the clients tried it they went back to waxing, she never got any repeat clients.

We get the odd request for it now but I don't offer it anymore.

And for the record, I just can't see anyone using theading to have their whole face done, it would be quite painful and take a long time.

It's all Indian girls who do it here, and the first time I went she was fantastic - I actually really enjoyed it. The second time I went I don't think it was an Indian girl, actually, more a Middle Eastern girl and you could tell she just was not trained properly. Enough to make me go buy some more cream.

I have a fine blonde peach fuzz all over my face which during menopause has increased in volume :( I tried removing it completely and as an earlier poster said you noticed facial imperfections (fine lines etc) much more and I had a shiny look that was not attractive. I also got a bad dose of pimples from it and my face was sweatier until some hair grew back.

I suspect what I do instead would only work with someone like me that has a fine blonde fuzz but basically all I do is take a new razor, dry, and run it over my face. I don't shave I simply 'skim' and reduce the fuzz to pre menopausal length and density and I look normal. Also it doesn't take long and is quick and easy.

hi wastegirl i also got a skin problem as i mentioned earlier. what i did is to decide that i will never do waxing again. and consulted housten hair reduction, it provides painless and affordable long lasting solution to unwanted hair. i think solution to your problem lies in few sessions.

http://www.alwaysyouthful.com/houston-laser-hair-removal-reduction-texas.php

Archived