Carnival issues ?????

ddbaab53

Over Thanksgiving my husband and I cruised for the 7th time on Carnival on the Legend. Each time we have curised we have gone on a different ship. Before we left we read so many post about everything that was wrong with Carnival and some even compared it to the Wal Mart of Cruise lines.

I always try to take reviews with a grain of salt since more than once I have found many negative comments to be unwarrented. We had been talking about planning our next cruise for Sept 2013 celebrating our 40th anniversary but decided to wait until this trip to check out everything we were reading. We are now looking at continuing to cruise Carnival.

All the drunks we read about were nowhere to be found and everyone we came in contact with was great. My husband and I are not drinkers and we did not find anything that even came close to some of the things we read.

As far as cutbacks, we did not find anything that affected us there either. Yes there is a DJ on the Lido Deck but we also found a singer everynight in the Atrium area and shows each night in the lounge. Oh on that the Comedy Club Commedians were pretty funny for the early show, but do beware that the later (adult only) show is ADULT ONLY!!!!!

Cleaniness, everywhere we went no matter what time of day someone was always cleaning. I don't think they ever stop cleaning to sleep, really... I did notice that Carnival has antibacterial dispensers in many areas and lots of folks use them.

Anyway, I'll finish this up, at 60 years young we had a great time, were not unhappy with anything (even the rain) and will deffinately continue to look at and use Carnival Itinaries in the future. Please do not take all reviews you read to heart, I can tell from my experience they are usually from someone who just did not get what they wanted. That is not to say that all reviews are misleading just be careful how much you read into them.

Hope this helps, as the saying goes one mans trash is another mans treasure....

Oh and the ages ranges from 20's to 80's with most bing in the 40 - 60 range.

Happy crusing.

I can say that I have never been on other cruiselines, so I don't have anything to compare my experiences with, but I enjoy my cruises and savor every day of vacation with my husband relaxing. We have only been married 29 years but I hope in the next 30 years we get to enjoy many more days of floating around the waters of the world. You receive what you put into anything you do. Enjoy!;)

Ddbaab53, Thank you for your post. I completely agree with your assessment. We love cruising Carnival. Certainly, there are times everything is not perfect or completely to our taste, but we ALWAYS have a great time and leave looking forward to the next time around!:D

Thanks for the honest assessment..we leave next Sun..second time on the Legend and can't wait...

It's really important to read the reviews but realize that some people's expectations/motivations are very different..and that's what maks the world go 'round.

As you can tell by my signature..we've samplesd many lines but lately prefer CCl to the others.

We've never witnessed drunks, rowdiness or over the top behavior on any cruise on any line..guess we've been lucky.

All ships are like small towns..if you don't like the activity in one area..it's easy to re-locate to another and find a quiet spot.

Glad you had a great time and we're looking forward to doing the same.

I agree! We had a great time on our cruise last year, and are looking forward to this summer when we get to go on another! We thought the food was great in the MDR, and the buffet was adequate(not one for greasy food really but the salad bar was great and the mongolian wok AWESOME! We didnt encounter any rude people at all, like so many reviews state. We met some great friends we are keeping in touch with, 2 of which are planning on the same cruise as us again this year! :) The ONLY area I felt it lacked was the dance shows, but I own a dance studio and the girls I was with are all pro dancers/dance teachers also so that is where we are most critical.... Im sure a pro chef might have comments on the food selection.... LOL. We had a great time all in all, and cant wait for June 30 to come so we can be on another Carnival ship!

Archived