Monarch was GREAT!

Just got back from cruising November 26-30. The ship was one of the cleanest I've ever been on, and didn't look shabby at all, as some have said. Yes, the decor is a bit dated, but still in good taste.

Mark (bing-bong) was wonderful as cruise director, and his side-kick, a young man named Chris, was hilarious! Our cabin steward, Melchor, was very efficient and eager to please and kept my champagne on ice as well as a full ice bucket after I asked. He was cheerful and polite while still professional. Our waiter was Stevenson Campbell, and he was also quite efficient while still being personable. Dinner never took more than about 1 and 1/2 hours. He encouraged us to order everything we wanted, including bringing all the desserts for us to just have a taste!

The only crew I encountered who were not polite and cheerful were, unfortunately, one young man at Guest Services and the young man who was the "next cruise" representative! Of all people to be the most perfect when dealing with cruisers, these two positions should be! Hopefully they were just having a bad day.

If anybody has any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them. The prices for this cruise are cheap, so if you live in Florida I would encourage you to take advantage of them!:D

Archived