RCCL Unlimited alcohol package Australia

Is anyone able to confirm from a recent sailing if this is available on Royals Aussie ships.

Refer to this thread which was titled RCCL to offer unlimited alcohol packages on all ships starts today which was 24/11/12. The thread title has been changed to Wine permitted to carry on board now.

See page 34 post 662 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1731699&page=34

Sue

Is anyone able to confirm from a recent sailing if this is available on Royals Aussie ships.

Refer to this thread which was titled RCCL to offer unlimited alcohol packages on all ships starts today which was 24/11/12. The thread title has been changed to Wine permitted to carry on board now.

See page 34 post 662 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1731699&page=34

Sue

I hope not - I don't like the sound of "unlimited alcohol" packages.

Barry

I read on the long RCI thread about this and it seems only 2 USA ships will include this package for now that is already available for European RCI cruises.

Unless you are a big drinker $55US per person per day plus 15% tax is a fair bit of money to spend on drink!

Factor into this every adult in the cabin must purchase the deal and the number of days Australian cruises are compared to USA shorter cruises,then think about port days where you wont drink much onboard then it really isnt worth it!

On my 14 night VOS cruise the package would cost Total $1771 Us for the two of us:eek:

Great for Alcoholics I suppose :)

Den

Thanks for all your replies. I dont really want to discuss the pros and cons just if anybody has seen them on the Australian ships.

If it is available I would like to make an informed decision prior to than an impulse decision as we board.

The value of the package is definitely not as good as Celebritys which I think is the same price but the convenience on the other hand of knowing what you will pay and not having all those little pieces of paper hanging around and checking the bill.

But the speciality coffee that really would've been the sweetener for me.....

We are sailing Jan 9th so if anyone knows anything more please let me know

Sue

That'll be right! Aussies don't get a go. Obviously the initial source thinks that "all" sailings and ships means USA.

Although the package wasn't great it was a start.

Just hope we get the 2 bottles of wine to carry on like everyone else.

Sue

That'll be right! Aussies don't get a go. Obviously the initial source thinks that "all" sailings and ships means USA.

If Brad's statement is correct it doesn't even mean that. A lot more ships operate in the US than just Oasis and Allure.

We went on the legend of the seas in January, Singapore/Bali/Singapore and my husband bought the package. Was $50 per day for 8 nights paid up front on he ship account and they placed. Sticker on his card to let the bar staff aware.

Was great saved us from a repeat of our last cruise where we had 5 pages of bar charges!

Come on RCL give your loyal Aussie cruisers a fair go!

We went on the legend of the seas in January, Singapore/Bali/Singapore and my husband bought the package. Was $50 per day for 8 nights paid up front on he ship account and they placed. Sticker on his card to let the bar staff aware.

Was great saved us from a repeat of our last cruise where we had 5 pages of bar charges!

Come on RCL give your loyal Aussie cruisers a fair go!

It seems you did not have to buy the package as well!

On The RCI forum they are saying that all adults in a cabin must purchase it not just one in case of double dipping by the dishonest?

If the Legend has it then RCI may introduce it to VOS on my 9th March Asian re positioning cruise?

Den

Personally I would prefer Celebrity's deal of a 1L bottle of spirits, 6 pack of soft drink mixers and a packet of nuts of about US$80.

Carnival USA was good, $55 for a bottle of spirit delivered to your cabin before you arrive onboard!

2 bottles of Vodka and our 2 bottle wine allowance see us getting a cheque back from Carnival for the unused portion of $200 OBC:)

Den

Archived