Sorry - I didn't care for the Oasis!

stones902

Nice review Kurt. You pretty much expressed how I felt about our cruise on Allure. The best part of that cruise was the people we sailed with!

I was adamant when RC announced these new ships that I would never set foot on one or spend my week with over 5,000 people. Well, I did after several friends said it was a must try. You are correct about it being more of a family type ship and the ocean views were limited in areas. The WJ was a zoo at times and frankly there were some rude folks.

Choosing a cabin near an elevator is the best advice. You certainly get your exercise especially should you forget something back in the stateroom!

Would I sail Allure again? Perhaps if I get a great price but for now I'm heading back to Radiance class. Loved all 4 of them. I'm also hooked on the aft cabins! Would love to have a Hooligan reunion one of these years!

Nice review Kurt. You pretty much expressed how I felt about our cruise on Allure. The best part of that cruise was the people we sailed with!

I was adamant when RC announced these new ships that I would never set foot on one or spend my week with over 5,000 people. Well, I did after several friends said it was a must try. You are correct about it being more of a family type ship and the ocean views were limited in areas. The WJ was a zoo at times and frankly there were some rude folks.

Choosing a cabin near an elevator is the best advice. You certainly get your exercise especially should you forget something back in the stateroom!

Would I sail Allure again? Perhaps if I get a great price but for now I'm heading back to Radiance class. Loved all 4 of them. I'm also hooked on the aft cabins! Would love to have a Hooligan reunion one of these years!

Thanks for your kind comments, Susan. I think you and I like the same things in a cruise and I agree we should try and organize the Hooligan's for a repeat performance. I miss Friday HH! :D

Thanks for your kind comments, Susan. I think you and I like the same things in a cruise and I agree we should try and organize the Hooligan's for a repeat performance. I miss Friday HH! :D

You are most welcome Kurt! I couldn't have summed it up better! As Graeme would say "spot on"!

Oh those Friday HH's! Were we a bunch of nuts or what? I have to say the Serenade was the BEST cruise I've ever done. What a great group of people!

I'd post you some cheese and crackers but I don't think anyone else would find the humor in it quite like us!

• 5 months later...

We have sailed the Voyager Class and Oasis Class and love both classes of ship. I love the solarium area on the Oasis class and hubby and kids love the flowriders.

We sailed Oasis with 21 family members and and always ate with at least 6-8 and never found an issue getting a table at WJ for breakfast. We also sailed on a nearly full sailing. If you want a buffet venue that is quiet on that ship go to the solarium cafe. I actually thought the pool areas-- main pool deck and solarium-- were much less crowded than the voyager class, since they were bigger. We had a ton of children on our sailing and the kids pool deck area was crazy (though we were always able to find chairs).

To me, the places that seemed crowded on the Oasis class are guest services and the photo area on the last two days of the cruise (avoid at all costs!). We had issues disembarking at St. Thomas (one of the gangways was broken), and that was a problem. The line to disembark snaked all around the ship. It was crazy, and not relaxing. It was the first time on that cruise we saw the downside of such a large ship. My worst experience on that ship with a line was with my kids to get a balloon animal made. 1 hour. For a balloon animal. Hell on Earth.

If you are really worried about the crowds on this ship, I would try it during the school year at a non-holiday time. We loved this class of ship for the variety of activities, eating venues, and entertainment venues.

Archived