Taxi at 1:00am in Tahiti

Bocadude85

We will be arriving in Papeete at 12:45am and will need a taxi to our hotel. We are staying at the Le Meriden, which I hear is quite aways from the airport. Will taxis be waiting outside the airport at this time of the morning? There are 6 of us traveling, does anyone know of a better mode of transportation for six people? Or is a taxis our only option? Thanks in advance for your help.

There will be taxi service at the airport, thay are there for all international flights.

There are a few van taxis but I think they only will take 4 with bags. So, you might need to take 2 taxis. 5 - 6 miles to Le Meridien. Cab fares are double at night. Be prepared to pay $45-$50 for each cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Two people, a couple of bags, 8:00pm, what is the best way to get from the airport to the Cruise ship? How far is it?

There will be taxi service at the airport, thay are there for all international flights.

There are a few van taxis but I think they only will take 4 with bags. So, you might need to take 2 taxis. 5 - 6 miles to Le Meridien. Cab fares are double at night. Be prepared to pay $45-$50 for each cab.

$35 - $40 for 2 people with 2 bags. The price is high because taxi double charge after sunset.

It's 3.5 miles

There is a bus that will take you to from the airport to within a block of the ship which picks up across the street from the airport, runs every 30 minutes, it's bus route #7. $3.00 total ;)

Archived