Happy, Excited, Over Joyed post!

shelly11

Happy, happy toooo. Leaving in 6 days on the beautiful Gem!! DOS, upgraded from OS.. I feel your excitement. Packing tomorrow, hoping my little dog doesn't get too upset with the suit cases. Oh well, she'll get over it because I'm going come hell or high water. Woot woot!!

15000 My favorite suite on any ship thus far! I am sooooo excited for you!:D Say hi to Gigi for me!!! Enjoy.

Cherie

So happy to see this thread and the attitudes. I feel the same way. We have snow coming down outside, and I already told a co-worker today that I am SO thankful that as it gets colder, colder, colder, come January I get to leave for a week in the warm, warm, warm!

This will be my 5th cruise, but it will be my 5-year old DGD's first, and my DD's first. Every time I hear "tell me what else is on the big boat, Grandma," I melt!!! I am anxiously awaiting treating them to this experience and seeing it anew through a 5-year old's eyes!

I believe a cruise (or any vacation) is what you make of it. Even if little things happen, I try to take it with a grain of salt and move on. You're away from work, out of the cold (in my case), out of the country, experiencing new exciting places, eating until your little heart is content (and gaining 10 pounds in the process)...what could be bad about that? :D

Just got back from the Epic, and while it wasn't my favorite ship, I had a wonderful, fantastic time. Am heading back out on the Dawn in February and cannot wait. I love cruising ... love being on the water, love having people pamper me, love all the choices I have. Can't really think of anything I don't like about cruising!! Happy Happy, Washy Washy!:)

Just got back from the Epic, and while it wasn't my favorite ship, I had a wonderful, fantastic time. Am heading back out on the Dawn in February and cannot wait. I love cruising ... love being on the water, love having people pamper me, love all the choices I have. Can't really think of anything I don't like about cruising!! Happy Happy, Washy Washy!:)

Glad you enjoyed. We are on the Dawn, on the 3rd. Like you can't wait :(

There is no reason not to enjoy cruising, the glass half full work's, besides,

I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila. Ha Ha :cool:

I have some happy news! I just now... as in like 5 minutes ago... booked my second cruise on the Epic (and second cruise ever :P )!

Just in case someone isn't aware, they're running an "Epic 12/12/12 Promotion" today only... giving $100 OBC to all bookings for the Epic made today. I couldn't pass it up (though, I had already been planning to book sometime this month - I had an offer valid until 12/31/12 for $75 OBC... $100 is even better! :P ). It's a per stateroom (not per person) credit... but since I'm going solo... *cough*... it's ALL MINE! I was kind of waiting for it to say "Sorry, studios only get $50..." but nope! It shows that I have an OBC of $100! Score!

So excited! Let the countdown begin!

Btw, I booked the January 25, 2014 sailing... which is a special 8 day sailing! :D

*bounces* I'm going back to the Epic!

What's not to love, NO cleaning, NO cooking, NO laundry. Feeling like a Princess while being served meals, drinking wine and watching the sunset from our aft balcony. Watching flying fish in the wake and birds scooping to retrieve them. Meeting great people from anywhere and making new friends. Ice Cream whenever you want because NOTHING on a ship has calories.

BOO Boo Boo. We just got off the Gem 2 days ago and I haven't booked the next cruise yet.

Lynda

Lately I've seen a lot of negative posts on here. How about all the happy stuff?

We going on a cruise! On vacation! No work or school! No cooking or cleaning! Sun, surf, shows and relaxation!

Sounds great to me!

Woohoo!!!! I am on the same sailing as you, spur of the moment, just booked last week! Can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks for this thread. , a cruise is just sitting and staring out to see, doing nothing and no feeling but joy at that fact:) the wondeful folks who work on ships who give you the best vaca service ... Sitting around with new friends and laughing until you cry.. And yes learning new languages, eating great food and experiencing new countries.

[quote name='camz']As the excitement builds, the countdown clock starts ticking down, then the rush to get everything done. That moment when you pull up to the dock and you see your ship sitting there waiting for arrival. There is nothing like that feeling in the world.......... :D[/QUOTE]

i loveee this thread.

we live about 30 minutes from the boston shipyard so we always drive when the time comes, and let me just say i squealed like a five year old when i saw the ship, had been on the dawn a before but i was so excited because everyone i was going with had never been on the dawn before or had never cruised before!

seeing the ship for the first time, seeing the faces of everyone else when they see the ship for the first time, especiallly if they have never been on a cruise before, such priceless moments.

im very lucky to have had these experiences at just twenty-one.

Archived