Blow Dryers?

Cruisedreamer1

I can't address the Riviera or Marina, but on the R ships there is a wall-mounted blow dryer. It is not user friendly, "burning" your hand as you hold it. Look in the desk drawer for a more conventional blow dryer; it will do a better job and will be easier to use. But I can't remember if there was an outlet in the bathroom or if I had to use it in the bedroom. (We had a standard ocean view room.)

Harriet

Just returned from the Regatta.

There is a wall hairdryer in the bathroom. I call it he vacuum-type because it has a hose.

There is a second hand-held dryer located in the top drawer of the five-drawer of the closet. This one can only be plugged in at the vanity. There is no plug in the bathroom for it.

Now in my cabin, I found the bathroom one to be hotter than the hand-held one.

Hope this helps.

My wife wants to know from all who have long hair - what do you do if you normally use a curling iron? I understand they are not allowed on the ship, and if this is true, my life will be made miserable if she cannot curl her hair. Apparently going to the hairdresser daily is not a viable option. Any suggestions??

My wife wants to know from all who have long hair - what do you do if you normally use a curling iron? I understand they are not allowed on the ship, and if this is true, my life will be made miserable if she cannot curl her hair. Apparently going to the hairdresser daily is not a viable option. Any suggestions??

I think it's only irons for clothing that aren't allowed.

I found a fairly recent thread about curling irons (albeit on another cruise line's board here on CC): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1573705 that states that curling irons and flat irons (for hair) are allowed.

I can't imagine O would try to curtail the curls.

"My wife wants to know from all who have long hair - what do you do if you normally use a curling iron? I understand they are not allowed on the ship, and if this is true, my life will be made miserable if she cannot curl her hair. Apparently going to the hairdresser daily is not a viable option. Any suggestions??"

My wife takes her curling iron.... no problem. No one has said anything about it and she leaves it out so I am sure the cabin staff has seen it. We have never asked anyone and no one has commented.

There is a wall hairdryer in the bathroom. I call it he vacuum-type because it has a hose.

I love that type of hair dryer, and am so sorry that they have been removed from some ships on other lines.

No, not for drying hair. :rolleyes: They are great for clearing off the bathroom mirror when it gets all fogged up from the bath shower. ;)

I did what I should have done in the first place, and called Customer Service. Yes, curling irons are allowed - no problem. Passenger's clothes irons of course are not allowed, but are found in every laundry room. Now my wife will be happy, which is good for me - curls in her hair, no wrinkles in her clothes.

I love that type of hair dryer, and am so sorry that they have been removed from some ships on other lines.

No, not for drying hair. :rolleyes: They are great for clearing off the bathroom mirror when it gets all fogged up from the bath shower. ;)

I agree, they are great for unfogging the mirror.

Having two hairdryers also helps getting hubby and I ready at the same time.

Archived