Sun Dec 9 - Solstice Trouble Off Sydney?

ABoatNerd

Was on the AST tracking Solstice.

She headed out from Sydney and then made a 360 loop and is heading back to Syndey from the look of things.

Anyone know what is happening?

ABoatNerd

She went in a complete circle or did a u turn? 360 loop says circle back to Syndey says 180 or u turn.

Just trying to figure out what happened

I remember seeing this cruise advertised. Who would book a 1-nighter? Do people do these as B2B's with the 13-day to get extra credits?

Given its the first time the ship has been in Australia and the first time the line has been heavily marketed here (despite other Celebrity ships popping in), its prolly a bit of a shakedown cruise before commencing a new season. Plus, there are I believe 800 travel agents aboard from Australia on a look-see.

I think RCI and Carnival have both done something similar this year down here.

I remember seeing this cruise advertised. Who would book a 1-nighter? Do people do these as B2B's with the 13-day to get extra credits?

A whole mixed bag on there. Some bargain hunters looking for luxury at a lower cost than if you were spending two weeks. I went on as I won't have time for the regular itins (plus have covered some of them before) this season but wanted to see the ship. A bunch of media. And other cruise lovers unfamiliar but wanting to try the brand.

Only trouble onboard Solstice last night was the lack of sleep for many of us!!! So much to see and do and so little time. :)

We are booked on her in March but as we had only cruised on Century before, we couldn't resist a little one night preview - and we loved the Solstice!

one or 2 night cruises have always been a feature of Australian cruising, whether it is a coastal sector to fill up vacant berths or a 'look see' for PR purposes, and last night there were a lot of travel agents and media onboard

oh and yes, there were quite a lot of passengers onboard who were doing the next cruise also, so more cruise credits for them!

Archived