DATE CHANGE ON MARINA &th April

myraven

Hi to you'al. We are Cindy & Steve Matheson from South Carolina. We booked the Marina 7th April from Tahiti over a year ago. Our son is getting married in Australia on the 5th of April and this cruise tied in perfectly for that date.

We just finally booked ALL our air flights, of course Non Refundable a few weeks ago and NOW by looking at the new brochures that Oceania sends by the dozen every month that the date has now changed to DEPARTING on the 5th.

Since our flts are set to arrive in PPT on the evening of 6 th along with hotel I wonder if they are going to make arrangements for us to get to the ship since the day/time we arrive the ship has already left Moorea and the next day at sea. Of course we can not MISS the wedding.

So we miss Moorea and They have a new itinerary with Huahine Now 2 days apart on the second part of the 30 trip instead of 10 apart.

I see by other comments that Oceania is holding off telling people when their flights are leaving, OR flying them from LAX to Washington DC to pick up charters. I see some people have actually cancelled.

When you make plans this far in advance how can they Jerk you around this way without notification.

ANY one else in this predicament?

ALSO, we had PH category on the our first cruise with Oceania. this past Sep and was told that we would be able to board at 2PM and were told at 3 when we got there that though they tell you that it would NOT happen.

Please let me know if any others are angry about what is happening and at least we may be able to get the company FIX our problems.

I have spent over 400 days cruising on top ships and this IS the first time I have every had this happen. It was bad enough that the last cruise we took to be able to stop in Egypt and they cancelled the stop and Celebrity docked right in front of us in Ashdod went on the make a successful STOP.

Cindy Matheson

smudge.katie@yahoo.com

Hi to you'al. We are Cindy & Steve Matheson from South Carolina. We booked the Marina 7th April from Tahiti over a year ago. Our son is getting married in Australia on the 5th of April and this cruise tied in perfectly for that date.

Where did you see the change of dates?

Are you looking at the right year

I see April 7th Tahiti

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/grandvoyages/mna130407a/default.aspx

Or are you going in 2014 ..in which case you would not be able to book flights yet

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/grandvoyages/mna140405a/default.aspx

I don't see a date change for April 2013. And if you are cruising in April 2014, you wouldn't be able to book flights, as LHT28 stated.

Are you saying that Oceania is holding off telling people that the cruise date is changing for April 2013? What is your source that the date has been changed?

I think they are just looking at the wrong cruise dates

I cannot see the cruise line bumping up the dates by 2 days

Sometimes you just need to put your reading glasses on :D

Lyn

Where did you see the change of dates?

Are you looking at the right year

I see April 7th Tahiti

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/grandvoyages/mna130407a/default.aspx

Or are you going in 2014 ..in which case you would not be able to book flights yet

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/grandvoyages/mna140405a/default.aspx

If they booked the cruise "over a year ago" as the original poster suggests, then the only possible option would have been the 2013 cruise, which is still departing on April 7.

I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that some unscrupulous person (Travel Agent, Consolidator??) might have taken the booking EARLY FOR 2014,

hoping that the dates would match 2013 and is now telling the client that "Oceania changed the dates" because they don't.

If they booked the cruise "over a year ago" as the original poster suggests, then the only possible option would have been the 2013 cruise, which is still departing on April 7.

I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that some unscrupulous person (Travel Agent, Consolidator??) might have taken the booking EARLY FOR 2014,

hoping that the dates would match 2013 and is now telling the client that "Oceania changed the dates" because they don't.

More likely that the OP is confused ;)

she is on the 2013 roll call for the Tahiti to Lima cruise

You can not book airfare for 2014 at this time, so the poster must be on the 2013 departure.

My feeling is that you can't really tell if a message is fake or not just by counting up spelling and grammatical errors. We see those all the time ... sometimes people just don't type well, and even good typists can miss typos, especially their own. (I'm great at spotting other people's typos, just not my own!)

Mura

What everyone seems to be missing is that the OP said that she saw the schedule change in one of the numerous brochures sent out. While everyone is correct that the dates on the Oceania web remain the same, isn't it possible that the marketing people made an error in the brochure and that is what was causing the OP's issues. We all know about the inept Marketing Department at PCH covering Oceania as well as Regent. Errors seem to be their way of life and am pretty sure the error is with the brochure.

Thinking that to be the case, most probably the OP is too embarrassed over the others not reading completely her post and afraid to post further. Remember for a start or end date on one cruise to change, a corresponding change on another cruise at least has to change.

Hope the OP now knows that her cruise schedule hasn't changed and they can enjoy the wedding as well as the cruise.

What everyone seems to be missing is that the OP said that she saw the schedule change in one of the numerous brochures sent out. While everyone is correct that the dates on the Oceania web remain the same, isn't it possible that the marketing people made an error in the brochure and that is what was causing the OP's issues. .

Or the numerous brochures are for the 2014 cruise which does depart April 5th ;)

We will never know until the OP reports back ...if she ever does

So OP or whoever may have made a judgement when trying to review the schedule booked versus marketing mail. Be it for 2013 or 2014 can be cleared up by merely phoning Oceania. Seems everyone is trying to assume what may be the problem.OP can clear it up by phone call to Oceania and rest.

Elwin

Be it for 2013 or 2014 can be cleared up by merely phoning Oceania. Seems everyone is trying to assume what may be the problem.OP can clear it up by phone call to Oceania and rest.

Elwin

I believe the Reservations offices are closed on Sunday

The OP posted on SUNDAY but I am sure if they were still confused by Monday I would bet they were on the phone to Oceania or their TA

Archived