Chair Hogs... are they still an issue?

mom22tinks

Worked great on the Liberty in September! Hopefully, on those few ships that the workers are not taking care of this, it will be brought to the beards attention. I have to say, this is one of the best things that Carnival has recently done for their guests... everyone has an opportunity to use a chair, not just the shoes and oranges :D

So glad to hear this! We'll be on the Liberty in Feb. Our cruise on the Valor last year was crazy. We rarely got chairs on the Lido and was never able to get any on the Serenity.

I'm glad they're finally tackling this issue. I haven't cruised in 4 years, but on my previous cruise (NCL Spirit out of NYC), on every sea day the chair hogs grabbed every single chair on the pool deck. The only way to get one was to get up early and beat someone to it, which I never did. By 10AM (probably earlier) every chair had a towel or some other "saving" article placed on it, but rarely were more than 20% occupied throughout the day. The closest seat we could ever find was in the biergarden overlooking the pool. My wife an I even sat in a lounger after sunset just to experience what it felt like. Maybe being able to snag a deck chair for an hour or so would have at least slightly changed my low opinion of that ship and line.

I'm the worst type of horrible human being 'cause I just move fruit, single flip flops, towels, old baseball caps, and out-dated magazines from loungers and 95% of the time no one comes back to claim any of them. It's easy to see who is occupying a chair and has just run out to get another drink or taken a potty break...and if you are heading inside for a leisurely lunch I don't see any reason for "your" chair to be saved for those two hours.

Thanks...that is good news. I hope it hold true for my upcoming cruise on the Freedom.

You shouldn't have a problem. I was on the Freedom in September and did not see any chair hogging. We camped out on the serenity deck the whole week and had no problem finding chairs, even when it rained and everyone moved under the covered section. Enjoy your cruise!!

I'm the worst type of horrible human being 'cause I just move fruit' date=' single flip flops, towels, old baseball caps, and out-dated magazines from loungers and 95% of the time no one comes back to claim any of them. It's easy to see who is occupying a chair and has just run out to get another drink or taken a potty break...and if you are heading inside for a leisurely lunch I don't see any reason for "your" chair to be saved for those two hours.[/quote']

NO! The "worst type of horrible human being" are the ones that save the chairs by putting " fruit, single flip flops, towels, old baseball caps, and out-dated magazines" on them. I always wanted to throw the stuff off but was talked out o it by the wife, who probably correctly didn't want to ruin a vacation with conflict and stress.

It depends on the ship. On the Valor in October, the deck staff chose to ignore the posted regulations, as a result, so did the passengers.

Funny you say that. I cruised the Valor in November, and never once had a problem finding a chair wherever we wanted, including on the Serenity deck.

I must say I did not see any enforcement, but I also did not see much chair saving. Even in the main pool area (which is way too loud for me), there were empty chairs available much of the day.

Kevin C

• 1 month later...

OK so they have maybe solved the problem of all the good chairs having fruit etc left on them. But what about when I want a chair somewhere & there is a person already in it. Cant we do something about this as well. Can we get the Pool Police to stick a sticker on someone that has been lounging for over 30 minutes or something.

Cmon, we have got to have something to complain about dont we.

Last week on the Valor, there really was not a problem. Of course the weather on the Sea Days was somewhat overcast. And the passengers were older. But was able to find a chair whenever I wanted usually close to where I wanted.

And the Sound was not deafening on the Seaside Theater.

Now seat saving in the Punchliner. That was another story. (They need to move the comedians to the Ivanhoe Theater and move the Legends to the Eagles Lounge)

Archived