Chair Hogs... are they still an issue?

mom22tinks

Just off the Breeze yesterday and there was absolutely NO ISSUE with chair hogs. The staff were using the sticker system and it definitely worked because passengers were not saving chairs. We never had an issue finding deck chairs on the lido deck by the pool no matter when we went. It was great!

I am not ready to claim that the war against chair hogs is over. It still really depends on the ship and it's staff. On the Fascination in September I feel it was well managed :), however on my recent cruise on Conquest, there was still quite abit of chair hogging going on and I did not see the crew really looking out for it.:(

Thanks for this thread.

Hoping it is better than in the past on my upcoming Breeze cruise. Actually, on my last cruise on the Miracle there was some enforcement going on on Serenity Deck and that was before the official announcement so I am hoping that it is better!

I am not ready to claim that the war against chair hogs is over. It still really depends on the ship and it's staff. On the Fascination in September I feel it was well managed :), however on my recent cruise on Conquest, there was still quite abit of chair hogging going on and I did not see the crew really looking out for it.:(

I hope this holds up on the Fascination for our cruise next month.

Worked great on the Liberty in September! Hopefully, on those few ships that the workers are not taking care of this, it will be brought to the beards attention. I have to say, this is one of the best things that Carnival has recently done for their guests... everyone has an opportunity to use a chair, not just the shoes and oranges :D

Just got off the Magic yesterday & there was NO PROBLEM. I was very impressed that you could always find a chair even in a prime location at any time. However, when I was on the Dream in July...well, that was another story. It was impossible to find anything. The crew did not remove things that were on chairs.

Shoot, Now I have to bring my OWN reading materials.:D

I think of chair hogs as librarians ! They leave me good books.

just kidding

:rolleyes:

Yup, you can get a whole shoe closet full of flip-flops, lots of nice dry towels, and some suspect reading material. I just wish they would leave their bottles of booze, their designer sunglasses, or better yet their I-pods, I-pads etc. Nope, just cheap shoes, cheap magazines, free food and cruise line towels and the occasional ball cap from a business no one has ever heard of.

We were on Freedom November 11 and Sensation December 6-no trouble on either one finding suitable deck chairs. We had more trouble finding Serenity area seats on Freedom but others were available. No problem at all finding Serenity seats on the Sensation this past weekend.

Archived