Nice discussion of O by Crystal cruisers

cbb

"Crystal", not "Carnival"!

I believe LHT is quoting from a comment in the Thread that you posted.

It all started out delightfully civilized and complimentary towards Oceania, but unfortunately the "entitled brigade" (the largest reason why I won't cruise with them) has begun to rear its' ugly head.

I believe LHT is quoting from a comment in the Thread that you posted.

It all started out delightfully civilized and complimentary towards Oceania, but unfortunately the "entitled brigade" (the largest reason why I won't cruise with them) has begun to rear its' ugly head.

From what I have seen in my limited reading of threads from various lines, there is often a "protective tone" that takes over when someone's preferred cruise line is challenged. I don't think this board is any different than Crystal or Seabourn.

It is beneficial to scan these boards to gather information, but also out of a sense of camaraderie. From what I read throughout CC, there are positives and negatives in most cruise lines....each of us chooses what seems like a nice fit, and if it isn't, there are others to choose from. We are cruise rookies compared to most posters on CC, but we have enjoyed a number of Crystal cruises over the past couple years. We have friends who love and only cruise Oceania, and we have become interested in trying Riviera or Marina sometime in the near future (we had originally booked todays sailing on Riviera, but cancelled due to family health issues).

I don't sense an "entitled brigade" on the Crystal board, or the Oceania board. I do think there are individuals on each discussion board who take things a bit too personal and/or seriously. I will get off my soapbox now, and hope to meet some of you on an Oceania voyage someday!

From what I have seen in my limited reading of threads from various lines' date=' there is often a "protective tone" that takes over when someone's preferred cruise line is challenged. I don't think this board is any different than Crystal or Seabourn.

It is beneficial to scan these boards to gather information, but also out of a sense of camaraderie. From what I read throughout CC, there are positives and negatives in most cruise lines....each of us chooses what seems like a nice fit, and if it isn't, there are others to choose from. We are cruise rookies compared to most posters on CC, but we have enjoyed a number of Crystal cruises over the past couple years. We have friends who love and only cruise Oceania, and we have become interested in trying Riviera or Marina sometime in the near future (we had originally booked todays sailing on Riviera, but cancelled due to family health issues).

I don't sense an "entitled brigade" on the Crystal board, or the Oceania board. I do think there are individuals on each discussion board who take things a bit too personal and/or seriously. I will get off my soapbox now, and hope to meet some of you on an Oceania voyage someday![/quote']

karen,

Excellent post and I fully concur.

Nancy

Archived