Freedom OTS cabin and PC docking question...

ejeffo

I know it can change based on different variables, but curious to know which side the Freedom OTS usually docks on in Port Canaveral. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a cabin location? We are looking at E2 cabins.

I know it can change based on different variables, but curious to know which side the Freedom OTS usually docks on in Port Canaveral. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a cabin location? We are looking at E2 cabins.

Starboard side to the dock.

Yes, starboard side to the dock, pulling straight out with starboard side facing the

"fun" side of the port with all the well wishers cheering you on from the docks,

restaurants, lounges, beach, and Jetty park.

We always book starboard side for that reason. Sailaway with bubbly in hand

as we stand on our balcony is one of our favorite parts of the cruise.

Also the best side to watch the sunset, as the ship slides out to sea on an

east/southeast track. Great view to the southwest of the setting sun!! :)

Just to throw a little curve ball in here, as PC is our favorite port to sail from. We prefer the port side. DD likes to watch for manatees in the water between FR and the Disney ship. She's seen plenty, and lots of turtles.

We always book a balcony, but LOVE sail away (from PC) from the helipad. Again, the critters that can be seen are amazing. And we love to see the dolphins when they take us out.

I agree with the hump cabin choice tho - the location can't be beat.

Balcony is the same size. I have found I don't like the "end" hump cabins as much as I like the center, but still the location can't be beat.

I would think the end hump means towards the rear. If so, you'll get to see where you've "been", right? That might be why it's available.

She can be seen every Sunday on the portcanaveralwebcam. If you haven't seen this site, it's EXCELLENT!! Cameras are live action most noteable on departures.

I would think the end hump means towards the rear. If so, you'll get to see where you've "been", right? That might be why it's available.

Actually, it is the front of the hump. What are the advantages of that over a regular side E2 (if any)? Thanks for all of the help!

Proximity to elevators/stairs is the only "advantage". Anything else is just a preference. I like "sticking out" farther than the other balconies.

Actually, it is the front of the hump. What are the advantages of that over a regular side E2 (if any)? Thanks for all of the help!

Freedom docks starboard side to the terminal 9 times out of 10 in Port Canaveral. I have only seen Freedom docked port side to the terminal one time. It looked as if some type of maintenance was required on the port side where a mobile lift basket was needed to reach a section of the ships hull.

I also agree with a balcony cabin on the hump. :)

Archived