Sunpass Mini Credit

bmckim

Do they still do the $4.99 credit to the account for activating a sunpass mini?

Yes. Maybe you can order one online, otherwise they are available at Walgreens, turnpike oasis' and other sites.

Are you still driving a vehicle with one in the windshield? It is still valid.

Will you have to buy a new one for your current vehicle? You can add it to your existing online sunpass account.

A new one will have to be activated and, although the instructions say that it will take xxx hours, ours was activated within a few minutes after we bought and then registered it at a turnpike oasis. (we had our laptop along to do this.)

Why not go to the website and check? I am sure they would have the most updated and accurate answer,

They didn't say one way or another on the website, but I remember people talking about it, which prompted me to ask. But thank you for your concern.

Yes. Maybe you can order one online, otherwise they are available at Walgreens, turnpike oasis' and other sites.

Are you still driving a vehicle with one in the windshield? It is still valid.

Will you have to buy a new one for your current vehicle? You can add it to your existing online sunpass account.

A new one will have to be activated and, although the instructions say that it will take xxx hours, ours was activated within a few minutes after we bought and then registered it at a turnpike oasis. (we had our laptop along to do this.)

I had one many years ago. Was going to get a new one for our rental, but register it ahead of time, so all I need to do is swap out the plate number. That way it should be activated by the time we go down.

I had one many years ago. Was going to get a new one for our rental, but register it ahead of time, so all I need to do is swap out the plate number. That way it should be activated by the time we go down.

I don't think you can swap out a plate number. The mini's are meant to be a one and done item. OTOH, you can buy the portable sunpass that allows all of that..but it is (last I knew) $25.00.

If you are renting for a short time, check into your rental company's policy re: tolls. Some are a little pricey, but others (Budget, I think) charge $2.50/day plus the toll amount. The $2.50 is a processing fee and is only assessed on days you actually use the system.

The sunpass lane takes a photo of your rental car plate (which is on file), bills the rental company and they then add it to your CC bill. Usually within a week after you turn your car in.

Archived