Lisbon/Barcelona

melindda

We did this cruise in late fall 2009. It was a great cruise. The ship docks in the ports and the ports are all very close to the historical districts. You just walk off the ship and you are there. Sometimes Windstar had busses waiting to take you to the town if it was a few miles way as in Valencia. All the towns we visited were fascinating. Mid April there should be very little tourists so it will be relaxed. Weather generally it should be in the 60-70's which is great touring weather, the Med. Sea can be windy that time of year but I doubt you will get much rain if any. We did the trans-Atlantic last spring and Lisbon was beautiful in the 70's. Wonderful cruise, great art and museums, lots of fascinating history, beautiful scenery. Have a great time. Susanne

We did this itinerary 2 April's ago; it was perfect weather. Don't recall any rain...seas were a little rough the first night out of Lisbon, but after that and into the Med it was fine.

Would highly recommend it (and do it again in a flash).

We had a couple of days in Lisbon prior to the cruise which was great. Didn't have time to spend in Barcelona after the cruise, so will have to go back to do that :).

Thanks for the replies. We have booked this cruise and are very excited. Did you folks do ships excursions or did you "do your own thing" in the ports? Do you have any particular recommendations for what to do in each port??

Do you have a list of the ports? I am pretty sure they mix it up a bit; when I look at one of the spring 2013 itineraries there were only 2 of the same stops. I love to research ports as a hobby, so we generally do our own thing, but any of the windstar tours I have taken I've enjoyed.

Presume Cadiz is one of the ports? We just walked around Cadiz and enjoyed the day, but many took the bus tour to Seville and enjoyed it. The other one that is the same is Palma de Mallorca. Absolutely beautiful old town, we wandered for hours, went shopping at a department store (El cortes ingles I believe), had lunch, then took a HOHO bus for a few more sites. I definitely want to go back there. Friends we met on the ship took a taxi around, and they enjoyed that too, but I am a big fan of walking when I am on a cruise!

Have you looked at the port message board? Usually tons of info there.

Archived