VALOR 5/22-5/29/05 review

I wouldn't, personally. I know I spent about 80% of my waking hours all week in a swimsuit. and even rinsing it out at night, it's still pretty damp the next day. for the extra $30-$40, it's worth it to me not to have to wriggle into a cold, damp suit. :eek: LOL and when you do lay a suit out to dry, I don't know if I mentioned this or not, lay it flat on your window sill versus hanging it on the line in the bathroom. there's next to ZERO air flow in there.

Bathingsuits are something I splurge on to get the right fit for my body. I just don't know if I can wiggle another $90 suit out of DH.;)

Thanks so much for the extremely detailed review! Since you are obviously a veteran cruiser, I'd like your opinion on the embarkation process. Would you say that Carnival's is better or worse than other lines?

Thanks Again!

Corsair41

this was our first cruise. Based on what the people behind me in the embarkation line were discussing, though, and other reviews I've read on CC, the way I understand it is that other cruiselines (Royal Caribbean, Princess and Silverseas were the ones mentioned) do not make passengers wait in a line for over an hour and a half (let alone STANDING in line that long). It also seems to me that some ports are worse about lines than others. Based on recent reading I've been doing, it seems to me that San Juan, for one, (as I've been looking into sailing the Destiny next) doesn't have a problem like Miami does with lines at all.

Enjoyed your review - we were on the Valor the week after you and now I know why we had to wait so long to get on the ship. Luckily we were at the port around 10:30 and were one of the first 100 people there so we got checked in and then waited in the 'Disney' line in AC. We were finally told at 11:15 there were still 600 people on the ship waiting for immigration and we wouldn't get on until at least 12:15 (it was about 12:20 when we finally boarded). I felt sorry for the 1500+ people waiting outside for the check in to officially begin at 12:25. There was no place to put more people so there were only 4 Carnival people slowly checking people in before that. Not a problem for us except for the hour wait but at least it was in AC. Very long embarkation process but I don't know who to blame...why weren't there more immigration people??

Thanks for all 3 reviews, I will be sailing on the Valor this March, (Spring Break:confused: ) I will make sure I have Ice Cold water for Wendy, thats what really makes her day, Hot and no Cold water.

Archived