The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

THANKS SOOO VERY MUCH!!! You rock!!! There is nothing I love more than a definitive clear cut answer to a question. A thousand thank yous!!! :D

You are welcome.

Cabin 9298

Please note the corrected photo in my post. It does not make difference - just to be precise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Cruisetrail

Do you have any information on 6159 Reflection, we booked a GTY & have just been allocated this cabin (saving over £600 GBP!) thanks ever so much.

FG :)

Here you see 6160 that is corresponding to 6159 on the other side of the ship.

2885v1v.jpg

Here you see 6160 that is corresponding to 6159 on the other side of the ship.

2885v1v.jpg

Marvelous, thank you for taking the time to look at this for me....I can live with that cabin for the £.

I think it would be helpful for you to provide a list of the cruises you are going on as I'm sure there will be a lot of folk wanting to buy you a drink...I will be in that queue!

Thanks once again.

FG :)

I am re-posting my original question as I think it got lost in the tumble.

Thank you to anyone who can give me an insight.......

I have been following this thread since you started it and now we are taking our first Celebrity Cruise. Thank you so much for the great photos and insights, and to all the other contributors as well.

My question is this, we are in cabin 8338 on the Reflection, (and I have seen the photo you have on this thread), however, in your opinion, will this cabin and balcony be kind of dark due to the complete overhang?

And, is the bed by the bath or by the balcony.

Thank you to all who can provide some details on our cabin choice.

8338 is obviously a bit darker than normal due to its configuaration and position.

But it's not too dark and the overhang is minimal.

I cannot tell you if the bed is by the balcony - they added one cabin so now it's difficult to "calculate" what is what.

1idhj9.jpg

Thank you so much for your reply. We sail on April 13th and I will report back on the location of the bed, whether it's near the balcony or bathroom.

We were on the Silhouette in cabin 7356 that had the bed by the bathroom. This was the very end cabin on deck 7, just like your cabin on deck 8. However, because there is one less cabin on deck 8 due to the aft structure, I'm guessing that your cabin will have the bed by the balcony.

Another way to tell is to look at the deck plan. Look for cabins that have a square which indicates that the sofa is also a trundle bed to sleep an additional person. These sofas are always located by the balcony, therefore the bed is by the bathroom. Every second cabin will have the bed by the bathroom and vice versa. Even if there is no square appearing in the cabin plan, you should be able to tell where the bed is by counting off every other cabin from the last cabin with a square. Hope this helps.

Hi Cruisetrail,

First of all, Thanks for posting all the pictures and great information you have on these ships.

After going through everything and studying it I still can not make my mnd up on a selection of cabins I am looking at for a Holiday cruise on the Equinox. I have narrowed it down to 3 I think would be good but would like your opinion on which one. They are 8224, 8253, & 8285.

Thanks so much.

Vie

Typically same size (with or without extra doors).

2lxdml2.jpg

Happy to see you are back helping us with our questions. Greatly appreciate the tremendous work you have done and the very valuable information that you provide to us. Thank you!! I have another question. Is the door arrangement on the aft cabins for the Solstice the same configuration as this photo? Would appreciate if you could let me know.

Hi, Great pics of the Celebrity ships and cabins. We'll be on the Solstice in October and I'm wondering what Room 8325 looks like from the outside. I don't like overhangs or easy views of those lifeboats! Hoping its an ok room.

Thanks,

Debbie

This is 8312 on the Solstice.

8325 is a corresponding cabin on the opposite side.

iljcsp.jpg

Hi Cruisetrail,

First of all, Thanks for posting all the pictures and great information you have on these ships.

After going through everything and studying it I still can not make my mnd up on a selection of cabins I am looking at for a Holiday cruise on the Equinox. I have narrowed it down to 3 I think would be good but would like your opinion on which one. They are 8224, 8253, & 8285.

Thanks so much.

Vie

8285 is better.

It's a bit closer to the sea and has extra deep balcony.

ejgav5.jpg

Happy to see you are back helping us with our questions. Greatly appreciate the tremendous work you have done and the very valuable information that you provide to us. Thank you!! I have another question. Is the door arrangement on the aft cabins for the Solstice the same configuration as this photo? Would appreciate if you could let me know.

In this (not very sharp) picture you can see 7360 aft cabin that is connected with 7362 aft cabin via the hallway.

1zogf8p.jpg

In this (not very sharp) picture you can see 7360 aft cabin that is connected with 7362 aft cabin via the hallway.

1zogf8p.jpg

Thanks very much but I must admit I am a bit challenged in that I cannot understand how the end cabin (which I am assuming to be a corner aft cabin) connects to the one directly beside it. I will be in 2153 on Solstice and note that it connects to the corner aft but cannot figure out how it does so on the exterior of the cabin. If you can help me further, I woud appreciate it. :confused:

We were on the Silhouette in cabin 7356 that had the bed by the bathroom. This was the very end cabin on deck 7, just like your cabin on deck 8. However, because there is one less cabin on deck 8 due to the aft structure, I'm guessing that your cabin will have the bed by the balcony.

Another way to tell is to look at the deck plan. Look for cabins that have a square which indicates that the sofa is also a trundle bed to sleep an additional person. These sofas are always located by the balcony, therefore the bed is by the bathroom. Every second cabin will have the bed by the bathroom and vice versa. Even if there is no square appearing in the cabin plan, you should be able to tell where the bed is by counting off every other cabin from the last cabin with a square. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the methodology! I have counted and it seems that the bed is by the Balcony....that's a big YAY! Easier access to the closet and more room to dress for dinner. Thank you so much, if it's any different when we sail, then I will report back. I love this thread!

Thank you for the methodology! I have counted and it seems that the bed is by the Balcony....that's a big YAY! Easier access to the closet and more room to dress for dinner. Thank you so much, if it's any different when we sail, then I will report back. I love this thread!

You're welcome! I'm the opposite as I prefer the bed by the bath, fewer steps for me in the dark while I stumble my way to the bathroom! :p

Hi, do you have any pics or info for 2c cabin #6274 on Reflection? I booked a guarantee balcony cabin at a knockdown price and was allocated this cabin almost immediately. I'm relieved it's not a 2d but is there really that much difference between the c and d grades?

Looking forward to your reply,

Jenny:)

Edited by jennybee

Hi, do you have any pics or info for 2c cabin #6274 on Reflection? I booked a guarantee balcony cabin at a knockdown price and was allocated this cabin almost immediately. I'm relieved it's not a 2d but is there really that much difference between the c and d grades?

Looking forward to your reply,

Jenny:)

6274 on the Silhouette (same on the Reflection).

2D have larger lifeboats in front of the balconies.

346rl0k.jpg