Flying In to FLL, Cruising from Miami; Shuttle Question

sickofsnowinmich

For an April 1st cruise, the four of us are flying in to FLL, cruising from Miami the following day.

Since we are getting in to FLL at about 9 p.m., we plan to get a hotel there. If I book an independant shuttle service for the day of our cruise, will they pick up at a hotel vs. the FLL airport?

Any suggestions as to a shuttle service to use?

Thanks

Don't know if it would be cheaper for you (depending on how many you have to split the cost), but whenever we fly into FLL for a Miami cruise we rent a car at FLL and the next day drop it off at MIA. Then we take the free shuttle from the rental center at MIA to the port. Car usually costs about $60 for the day with the extra insurance. Just a suggestion...

We have used SAS for years and always a great experience.They get my vote

SAS left us stranded at our horel in FLL. They never showed as promised. They never answered their phone when we called asking where they were. They never called us back as we left our phone number when we had called.

We had a confirmed reservation with them

We'll soon be booking flights for a cruise out of <MIA in October...there are 4 of us...trying to decide at what "price point" do I switch from flying into MIA and go to FLL instead. I'd like to fly in to either airport the night before..seems to me I have several options..

#1) Carnival Transfer

#2) rent a car

#3) limo/shuttle service

Questions..

#1) If we take the Carnival Transfer then we have to go back to the airport to get the bus and then do we have to wait for the bus to fill up before we head to the cruise port?

#2) If we rent a car is it easy to get a car to return to FLL once off the cruise?

#3) Does anyone know the approx price for limo/shuttle service - round trip for 4?

Thanks for any help.

Emmy

Archived