How much would you be willing to spend?

Quick question... Going on a 5 night Jewel of the seas cruise in march. I have an aft balcony 8672. How much if anything would you be willing to pay to upgrade to a grand suite? We were in a grand suite on jewel last year and loved it now trying to decide if its worth it or not to upgrade to one and when they go low enough that I would be willing to pay for the upgrade? thanks for your opinions!

We were in 9660 (directly above your cabin) twice (in March 2012 and earlier this month). We enjoyed that cabin so much that I don't think I would have taken a free upgrade to a GS, much less paid for it. The weather was perfect both times to use the balcony and we spent a great deal of time on it, from room service breakfast to naps in the afternoons to late at night. I think those aft cabins are under-priced for what they have to offer and the value is there. We already booked 9660 on the Brilliance for February 2014.

I would find out how many GS are available. You may have to call as they might not all be available on the website at this point. There are no guarantees but it might give you an idea of the likelihood of a future price drop. If the majority are still available I would probably let it ride a while longer. But that's just my HO.

Archived