Ruby Princess in pictures; Dec. 9-16, 2012

dmwnc1959

THANKS again for all the wonderful comments!!! It makes all the hard work and time I spent taking the pictures very much worth it knowing you have enjoyed them. :D

This final set from the cruise is of Saint Martin, the approach, the water taxi ride over, and walking around Philipsburg a bit. Hope you like them...

Ruby Princess - Saint Martin:

8298412419_aa792a1929_z.jpg

Dave,

Will you post a review, or did I miss it?

Thanks!:)

No review, just pictures. I've come to understand that everyone's cruise experience is unique to them based on tastes, tolerances, special events or circumstances, expectations, personal issues, and cruise history. Mine are not the same as anyone else's and to post opinions on food and entertainment based on bias (opinion?) wouldn't be fair one way or the other. What I can say is I thought the Ruby Princess is a truly lovely ship. Very comfortable and cozy. I used the self service account kiosks located near Guest Relations several times and the phrase at the bottom pretty much sums her up:

Ruby Princess, your Consummate Host.

On the last night of the cruise I walked into my stateroom and found my packet declaring I was now of Platinum status. Oooooh. Ahhhhhh. And yippee. Now I get to board early next time. LOL. And if they get rid of those free internet minutes now I'm going to be pretty mad. ;)

This was cruise #48 for me; the last five cruises including this one have been with Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. I have also cruised with Cunard, Holland-America, Carnival, and Cruise West. You can see my tastes vary depending on mood and need for a vacation.

I currently have a cruise booked on the new Royal Princess and am eager to see how she develops as new interior pictures are released closer to her christening and inaugural voyages.

For anyone who may have missed it I posted some pictures of my cabin and the sail away on another thread HERE starting on Post #23. The pictures were taken with my iPhone and downloaded to Cruise Critic via Tapatalk.

The photos are wonderful! Thank you so much! We saw you often on board with your camera. The results are spectacular!!

I don't think I was ever without it! ;) and THANKS. :D

I shot this video, it's less than 45 seconds long (excuse the thumb), it could run for 20 minutes and I'd be a happy camper....

I love being on the open sea.

A few scattered pictures shot with my iPhone later and maybe another quick video.

Thank you for posting pictures of the ship! My colleague at work is nicknamed "The Princess King" and the Ruby is his all time favorite ship. He speaks so highly of this ship that it is even more wonderful to see the amazing pictures here as well. Thanks for getting up so early on your vacation to take them!

coka

There were two Pub Lunches held in the Wheelhouse Bar, both on sea days. The first Pub Lunch I had the Fish and Chips (yum) with some of my new Cruise Critic friends, the second sea day I had the Scotch Egg. It was served cold for some odd reason. I had them before and they were served hot. I had a fake beer since I drink alcohol.

8303183610_c18895ed55_z.jpg

8302143251_00019f70db_z.jpg

Thanks for your good thoughts on the subject of reviews.

Well said.

As you have alluded to on this thread and other threads' date=' a picture is worth a thousand words. Your many pictures are worth one thousand times that:)

Thanks again...[/quote']

THANKS. Sometimes one gets tired of reading, and just wants to 'see'...form an opinion of their own later. ;)

What kind of camera were you using?

It's an Olympus SP-815UZ. Nothing special or expensive, bought it off of HSN a couple of months before the cruise. I've been pretty happy with it.

Thank you for posting pictures of the ship! My colleague at work is nicknamed "The Princess King" and the Ruby is his all time favorite ship. He speaks so highly of this ship that it is even more wonderful to see the amazing pictures here as well. Thanks for getting up so early on your vacation to take them!

coka

Hopefully these pictures showed why it is his favorite. :D

Some of the cruise ships already docked on the morning of our return Dec. 16th, 2012

8303293686_d39da0ea68_z.jpg

The final ship to arrive that morning begins her maneuvers to dock...

8303301532_ef80012ac2_z.jpg

After taking off from Fort Lauderdale I could see the cruise ships docked at Port Everglades out of my window. There were six of them but the Independence of the Seas was too far back to get in a picture.

From left to right - Ruby Princess (by the 17th Street Bridge), Allure of the Seas (largest cruise ship in the world), Nieuw Amsterdam (next to Allure), Westerdam and Celebrity Silhouette.

8303258946_aaffb03aeb_z.jpg

The two ships of my B2B - Allure of the Seas and Ruby Princess

8303267038_eb4d92a0c0_z.jpg

8302213629_c8c9522029_z.jpg

8302252073_ed19a99628_z.jpg

Archived