Trying to make Select Dining reservations.

Bestbubba

As I am stuck in the house waiting for a delivery I thought I would make some Select Dining reservations. Have not had a problem in the past and this time seemed to be no different. Entered all the info, added email address as requested and sat back waiting to receive all the email confirmations. (Why do they send an email for each individual reservation:confused:?)I also made a reservation at one of the speciality restaurants and made the necessary payment. 2 minutes later the paid reservation email confirmation arrives but nothing for the Select Dining. Phoned Celebrity who went through to IT department and they have told us it is a glitch (oh boy:rolleyes:) nothing they can do, no idea when it will be resolved, keep trying. Just wondered if anyone else had had similar problems recently?

Sue

As I am stuck in the house waiting for a delivery I thought I would make some Select Dining reservations. Have not had a problem in the past and this time seemed to be no different. Entered all the info' date=' added email address as requested and sat back waiting to receive all the email confirmations. (Why do they send an email for each individual reservation:confused:?)I also made a reservation at one of the speciality restaurants and made the necessary payment. 2 minutes later the paid reservation email confirmation arrives but nothing for the Select Dining. Phoned Celebrity who went through to IT department and they have told us it is a glitch (oh boy:rolleyes:) nothing they can do, no idea when it will be resolved, keep trying. Just wondered if anyone else had had similar problems recently?

Sue

The operative phrase there is underlined. That pretty much summarizes what we have seen from the Celebrity IT department in the past...and expect it to continue into the future. The site is full of wrong information, it often doesn't work, it loses cruises and passengers and they have no idea when anything will be resolved.

My opinion is that they have no one working on fixing any problems and clearly there is no management (other than perhaps title) of their IT department.

We were on a TA and did select dinning

Never had a reservations , never had wait more then 15 mins for a seat

If I am correct, the OP wanted select dining for the MDR and also made reservations for the specialty restuarants on certain nights. The reservations worked, the select dining option didn't. The website continues to have constant glitches/issues.:D

Yup, just wasted a whole lot of time booking 9 nights on the Connie next month and got nothing. Do you know if the reservations are there and it is just an email glitch?

According to the Celebrity rep we spoke to, the dining reservations we made on-line are not showing on our booking even though they appeared to go through and were accepted:( Their advice was just to keep trying:rolleyes:

Sue

tried 3 times to book our first night select dining, 3 times no confirmation. Could get our TA to do it for us, but to be honest, given up the will to live !! will just wait for a table for two, nothing else to do first night on board

JUST got back from Constellation's 15 night TA from Southampton to Miami. Third cruise with Celebrity, all 14 nights or longer, and all with select dining.

This was the first time that I ever had to wait more than just 1 or 2 minutes to be seated.

I am not sure if this was due to increasing numbers of guests choosing select dining, (highly probable)...

If the the staffs on Infinity and Solstice were just that much more capable, OR if the staff on Connie was that much LESS capable. (doubtful)...

OR... If we just happened to show up at more popular dining times. (also quite probable)

I guess I am just really, REALLY, *R*E*A*L*L*Y* screwed up in my thinking. (not just highly probable, but approaching certainty :o)

Those MISERABLE ROTTEN INCOMPETENT people FORCED me to sit down in a nice comfortable overstuffed lounge chair... in a relaxing, dimly lighted venue with a laid back atmosphere, casually talking with fellow cruisers about the TRULY HORRIBLE conditions thrust upon us while on a GRUELING transatlantic cruise. ALL OF THIS while sipping any one (or more :D) of dozens of tasty drinks served by any one of several waiters.

Just WHAT on *E*A*R*T*H* will they expect me to ENDURE on my NEXT VACATION ?!? :eek:

The horror... THE HORROR... T H E *H*O*R*R*O*R* :p

JUST got back from Constellation's 15 night TA from Southampton to Miami. Third cruise with Celebrity, all 14 nights or longer, and all with select dining.

This was the first time that I ever had to wait more than just 1 or 2 minutes to be seated.

I am not sure if this was due to increasing numbers of guests choosing select dining, (highly probable)...

If the the staffs on Infinity and Solstice were just that much more capable, OR if the staff on Connie was that much LESS capable. (doubtful)...

OR... If we just happened to show up at more popular dining times. (also quite probable)

I guess I am just really, REALLY, *R*E*A*L*L*Y* screwed up in my thinking. (not just highly probable, but approaching certainty :o)

Those MISERABLE ROTTEN INCOMPETENT people FORCED me to sit down in a nice comfortable overstuffed lounge chair... in a relaxing, dimly lighted venue with a laid back atmosphere, casually talking with fellow cruisers about the TRULY HORRIBLE conditions thrust upon us while on a GRUELING transatlantic cruise. ALL OF THIS while sipping any one (or more :D) of dozens of tasty drinks served by any one of several waiters.

Just WHAT on *E*A*R*T*H* will they expect me to ENDURE on my NEXT VACATION ?!? :eek:

The horror... THE HORROR... T H E *H*O*R*R*O*R* :p

Thanks for the light hearted approach. Some seem to get so uptight about a short wait. I honestIy didn't know that you could prebook times for select dining. I see it as having the freedom to dine on that night when you are ready rather than at a set time. Always had set times until our last cruise when it was all free time dining. It was great. Never had to wait. We don't mind sharing as we enjoy meeting people - I think a prerequisite on any cruise! Sometimes we even went into dinner with fellow passengers we had just met in the bar. As for pre booking speciality restaurants well we have never had any difficulty booking them on board. Actually we have had special offers by doing so.

As a last note I must say that in twelve cruises we have never sat at a table with fellow passengers that we haven't enjoyed their company. We work on the idea that if they are willing to share then they enjoy company for a couple of hours and everyone has something they can add. Made fantastic friends and even booked further cruises with them :D

To be honest, my reason for starting this thread was not to discuss the pros and cons of Select Dining/waiting/ or not/meeting new friends etc ( although discussions are fun;)) but to see if others had had the same computer problems I had encountered. Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm obviously not alone in this:)

I had to laugh this morning, I received an email from Celebrity inviting me to book dining, shore excursions, spa etc BEFORE boarding, so as to have more time for fun once aboard....I'm trying Celebrity, I'm REALLY trying:D

Sue

To be honest' date=' my reason for starting this thread was not to discuss the pros and cons of Select Dining/waiting/ or not/meeting new friends etc ( although discussions are fun;)) but to see if others had had the same computer problems I had encountered. Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm obviously not alone in this:)[/size']

I had to laugh this morning, I received an email from Celebrity inviting me to book dining, shore excursions, spa etc BEFORE boarding, so as to have more time for fun once aboard....I'm trying Celebrity, I'm REALLY trying:D

Sue

LOL, if you ask me it is their website that is TRYING.:D

Archived