We Cancelled A Cruise..... Might Rebook it.

sail7seas

The premium is not high and it isn't such a big deal to us but wonder......

We booked a cruise. We purchased travel medical/evacuation insurance within specified time in order to have pre-existing coverage. We chose to make final payment on the cruise and suffered no penalty. There is a chance we might rebook that cruise in a few weeks. I have not cancelled the insurance. Seeing we suffered no penalty when we cancelled the cruise, I wonder if they would transfer the coverage to the new cruise if we rebook it. (A situation arose that might effect whether we can travel on that date and did not want to risk penalty to our cruise fare if we had made final payment.)

In the event they would not cover the re-booking, would they transfer the policy to an entirely different cruise we might book?

Thanks if you can help.

The premium is not high and it isn't such a big deal to us but wonder......

We booked a cruise. We purchased travel medical/evacuation insurance within specified time in order to have pre-existing coverage. We chose to make final payment on the cruise and suffered no penalty. There is a chance we might rebook that cruise in a few weeks. I have not cancelled the insurance. Seeing we suffered no penalty when we cancelled the cruise, I wonder if they would transfer the coverage to the new cruise if we rebook it. (A situation arose that might effect whether we can travel on that date and did not want to risk penalty to our cruise fare if we had made final payment.)

In the event they would not cover the re-booking, would they transfer the policy to an entirely different cruise we might book?

Thanks if you can help.

Where the insurers get a little funny about this is if you originally booked the cruise but didn't buy the insurance (and pre-ex coverage) --> cancel the cruise --> re-book the same cruise but now buy the insurance to get the pre-ex coverage. Since you didn't cancel/re-book in order to get that coverage they shouldn't mind but be sure to check.

Where the insurers get a little funny about this is if you originally booked the cruise but didn't buy the insurance (and pre-ex coverage) --> cancel the cruise --> re-book the same cruise but now buy the insurance to get the pre-ex coverage. Since you didn't cancel/re-book in order to get that coverage they shouldn't mind but be sure to check.

That is how I was thinking about it.

We cannot yet make a decision whether we can rebook and I plan to leave the insurance in place until we make that decision. If we cannot transfer it over, we will book a different cruise and start fresh. I don't want to risk a problem should we need to make a claim.

I certainly will be verifying with the company when we make our decision about a new booking.

Thank you.

Archived