Political Groups Chartering Part of a Ship

michmike

Oh, the horror of seeing someone in the Lido reading a book that you disapprove of!! :eek: The person must have been reading out loud... how else would you be affected other than maybe seeing the cover? It that is what uspset you you need to grow a thicker skin. ;)

As for Joan Baez being part of the group: if she was performing you would not have had access to that as it would only be open to the group. Did you sneak into the event so that you could get really offended and worked up? Or did you see her somewhere on the ship? One again, grow a thicker skin. ;)

The cruise line cannot guarantee an environment where nobody is ever not offended by something. Neither can any place else.

This I'm sure was annoying to such a right-wing conservative as yourself!

I would be upset if I went on a cruise & it was filled with Rush Limbaughites & Sarah Palin worshippers. I also would feel really angry & out of place with a ship full of born-again, Christian types who tried to "save" me.

So I feel your pain, but you should have been a bit more open-minded about the entertainment...Joan Baez has a lovely voice no matter what her politics. Just be glad you weren't on a cruise with rap music or heavy metal freaks!

I am a child of the 60's & my husband served in Vietnam, so please try & have a little respect for all political views.

Thank you! I 100% agree with you. I am also a child of the 60's, I am also a liberal. Although I defy you to tell that by looking at me. I look like any middle-aged women in my conservative neighborhood. My father served in WW11, my brother in Vietnam and he was a BIG Jane fonda fan. Not for her politics though. He was also liberal. Time passes for most of us. We see the mistakes we made in the past and apologize (which she has done over and over), and then we forgive and move on. It is the "Christian" thing to do. Can't we just forget about politics while we are on vacation?

Thank you! I 100% agree with you. I am also a child of the 60's, I am also a liberal. Although I defy you to tell that by looking at me. I look like any middle-aged women in my conservative neighborhood. My father served in WW11, my brother in Vietnam and he was a BIG Jane fonda fan. Not for her politics though. He was also liberal. Time passes for most of us. We see the mistakes we made in the past and apologize (which she has done over and over), and then we forgive and move on. It is the "Christian" thing to do. Can't we just forget about politics while we are on vacation?

My DH also served in Viet Nam.

Our Senior Senator in MA is about to be named Secretary of State, if the reports are accurate. Remember him from Viet Nam days?

I'm not sure the difference in what a Liberal or Democrat looks like? :confused:

One can tell a person's politics by looking at them?

Our group of friends are just about evenly split with Lefters and Righers and we all look like a group of friends.

I would be upset if I went on a cruise & it was filled with Rush Limbaughites & Sarah Palin worshippers. I also would feel really angry & out of place with a ship full of born-again, Christian types who tried to "save" me.

Oh PLEASE!!!

I would bring out the popcorn and skip the main show lounge altogether. Watching Rush Limbaughites & all-knowing self-righteous "Christian types" make frustrated fools out of themselves can be very therapeutic -- makes you value the rest of the human race so much more.

Oh PLEASE!!!

I would bring out the popcorn and skip the main show lounge altogether. Watching Rush Limbaughites & all-knowing self-righteous "Christian types" make frustrated fools out of themselves can be very therapeutic -- makes you value the rest of the human race so much more.

Where's the "Love" button?

Chill out everyone. Why on earth we can't just read and move on if we don't agree is beyond me, instead of continually bashing in a one-upmanship fashion. It's all been said already.

For me, I probably wouldn't notice who the heck is onboard unless someone pointed it out, I'm very non-observant when it comes to my cruises, I'm just intent on enjoying myself.

Chill out everyone. Why on earth we can't just read and move on if we don't agree is beyond me, instead of continually bashing in a one-upmanship fashion. It's all been said already.

For me, I probably wouldn't notice who the heck is onboard unless someone pointed it out, I'm very non-observant when it comes to my cruises, I'm just intent on enjoying myself.

Annette: I'm very observant and would be choked to find I was cruising with 400+ Leftists. I thoroughly sympathize with michmike. It would be like cruising with one of our political parties that I wont name here. I cringe every time an election is near & I have to listen to the leftist drivel & how they are going to give my hard earned tax dollars away to many underserving people. :eek:

Annette: I'm very observant and would be choked to find I was cruising with 400+ Leftists. I thoroughly sympathize with michmike. It would be like cruising with one of our political parties that I wont name here. I cringe every time an election is near & I have to listen to the leftist drivel & how they are going to give my hard earned tax dollars away to many underserving people. :eek:

Just like I said: listening to judgmental conservatives make frustrated fools out of themselves can be very therapeutic -- makes you value the rest of the human race so much more.

Oh, but one can have different views without the "hate and disgust". ;)

You are so right. We have friends of all political stripes and while there may be some good natured teasing, there is certainly no hate or disgust. We are friends for goodness sake---nobody cares about how each other votes.

And on that note, we're closing this thread.

The original post was discussing how partial charters can influence the quality of the cruise experience. The discussion has moved to politics. This is Cruise Critic, not DemoCritic or RepubliCritic.

Archived