RCI - Shareholders Benefits

Hi, I have recently applied for the Shareholders Benefits of $250 OBC for an upcoming trip and have now been told by Celebrity that I must pay them a further £95 ($150) that I received from them when I initially booked the cruise in June 2011. When I have checked the paperwork, on the Celebrity Confirmation Invoice, it was classed as a "JAPL" Savings, my TA used the phrase "past passenger discount" on his paperwork.

I note on my paperwork for the same 2014 trip that I am also booked on, I have what Celebrity class as a "JARE" OBC of $150, which I was told by the TA was an early booking discount when I booked it in April 2012.

I recall that RCI now generally have a "none combinability" policy with regard to OBC's.

Does anyone know whether there are any circumstances at all where OBC's can be combined with RCI/Celebrity ships or should I just consider selling my RCI shares as there appears to be lots of OBC's being advertised by Cruise Companies/TA's to sell cruises at present.

Archived