Need Advice for Resort Day Pass in Roatan

psbfan01

I guess I'm not being clear enough in my posts. The excursion is DEFINITELY West Bay Beach, see here;

http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/RoatanWestBayBeachBreak.html

they just don't say which resort it is. For what it's worth the pictures are of Bananarama, and others have said that's where they go, but IM doesn't say that in their advertisement. Having said all that I'm sure that's where they'll go, and our group will save $24 over the cost of booking it directly with the resort, which was the point of my original post, which was a reply to the post about why not just book it with the resort and cut out the middleman.

can I ask you, i will be there with my wife on jan 30. one day cruise stop, 8 to 5 so that means got to be back by 4pm.

we love catamaran and the small island around but the hours doesnt fit with our hours... so we have to go snorkling one a nice beach not too crowded beach. i was just reading this thread and you seem to say that it doesnt worht to pay for a day pass? what would be your suggestion?

thank you in advance

francois

OK, this is my opinion only so everyone must decide for themselves what is best for them....... but after 1 cruise stop and 2 - 1 week long stays on the island you just don't need a "tour" to do the beach.

Once you leave the port area there will be tons of taxis available. Negtotiate with one to take you to West Bay beach. Also make arrangements for him to pick you up at a designated time to return. Or have him take you to West End Village for some shopping, then to West Bay for some beach time. We had one for pretty much the whole day for $ 15.00 per person (there were 3 of us) NOTE: you do not pay until he returns you to the ship !

The beach is public. You can plop your rear end anywhere you want. The chairs/loungers can be had for a nominal charge. I think we paid $5.00 for a couple of hours for a lounger at Bananarama.

If you want to use their restrooms, just buy a coke.

Just a side note: Infinity Bay and Mayan princess are the only two resorts who offer a pool with a day pass (altho have heard rumors Mayan is no longer letting day passers use the pool but don't know for sure) It is a little bit further down the beach from the prime snorkel area but the whole beach is only about a mile long so easily walked/explored.

There are tons of places to grab something to eat with choices of a full range of foods.

As for West Bay Beach being crowded.....it can get that way but there are areas that tend to be less crowded - but those will not be Bananarama or Tabyana if cruise ships are in port.

This will be our first visit to Roatan. When cruise ships are in port, can you give us an idea how "crowded" West Bay beach will be? We're staying at Infinity Bay resort and we're afraid we may not be able to get a beach chair for ourselves on cruise ship days. Thanks for any information you can provide!

Just a side note: Infinity Bay and Mayan princess are the only two resorts who offer a pool with a day pass (altho have heard rumors Mayan is no longer letting day passers use the pool but don't know for sure) It is a little bit further down the beach from the prime snorkel area but the whole beach is only about a mile long so easily walked/explored.

We just received a quote for day passes from mayan princess and they offer a $25 pp package that includes pool use. $10 for beach only.

And yes.... We will print out the email to bring with just in case.....

This will be our first visit to Roatan. When cruise ships are in port, can you give us an idea how "crowded" West Bay beach will be? We're staying at Infinity Bay resort and we're afraid we may not be able to get a beach chair for ourselves on cruise ship days. Thanks for any information you can provide!

The number of cruisers allowed in as " dayguests" in their area is strictly limited. Guests of the resort will always have a chair available and space. They get priority. There is a sports director guy set up near the pool/bar and he will set you up with a chair, towels etc. There is a security guy too who watched personal items left by their guests and keeps any vendors away from their privaate land. As stated earlier the public beach is one mile long. Infinity Resort is beautiful and their infinity pool is steps off the beach, restaurant and bar area. We'll be there too for 9 days at the end of this month.;)

Remember too that the cruisers aren't there everyday. You can check on the port schedule to see how many ships will be in Coxen Hole. Some do port in Mahagony Bay too but many of those cruisers hang out there and never make it to West Bay. We were there on a curuis this past Jan. and found that West Bay beach was not "crowded" like others we have visited.

We just received a quote for day passes from mayan princess and they offer a $25 pp package that includes pool use. $10 for beach only.

Does Mayan still request passport info and prepayment with your charge card? We thought it odd that they wanted photo copies of personal info if we had booked with them. We were interested a couple years ago. Ended up doing Infinity Bay the day of.

Does Mayan still request passport info and prepayment with your charge card? We thought it odd that they wanted photo copies of personal info if we had booked with them. We were interested a couple years ago. Ended up doing Infinity Bay the day of.

They only asked for my name and number of people

We just got back from our second one-week stay at Infinity Bay. Our first was over July 4th week and it was really empty !!! Only 1 ship in port the whole week (since many lines do not cruise the Caribbean in the summer do to hurricanes). Our last visit was just over the Christmas week. Supposed to be one of the busiest of the year.

We were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. A few days (mid week) there were 3 or 4 ships in port. But some were Carnival Corp (Carnival, Princess and HAL) so many cruisers stayed at Mahogany Bay. Thus West Bay got busier but not so that it couldn't be enjoyed.

As for Infinity Bay, they are VERY careful about keeping their owners and renters happy first and foremost. The cruise business as far as day passes etc are truly secondary. The beach is public but the loungers and palapas are not. As posted above, IB guests get first choice.

BTW: You are gonna love Infinity Bay !!

Is this a different pass to the "beach and resort" and "all inclusive" day passes advertised on their website? The all inclusive does not mention pool.

Is this a different pass to the "beach and resort" and "all inclusive" day passes advertised on their website? The all inclusive does not mention pool.

Yes there were 3 choices:

Beach and resort

Beach, pool, resort

All inclusive

first time in Roatan, any websit for that hotel?

how do we reserve? the taxi to there and back to the ship?

i want the same as you or all inclusive but i need the pool!

thank you for your advices

francois

francois

Another very nice quiet resort that we have enjoyed is Parrot Tree Plantation which has an excellent pool and beach area on a man made lagoon. Day pass including facilities and welcome drink was only $10 although it may have increased to $15 from recent reports.

http://www.parrottree.com/gallery/?album=1&gallery=3

francois

Mayan Princess quoted me $30pp each way for a taxi, you can get a private driver for a day for less than that.

Another very nice quiet resort that we have enjoyed is Parrot Tree Plantation which has an excellent pool and beach area on a man made lagoon. Day pass including facilities and welcome drink was only $10 although it may have increased to $15 from recent reports.

http://www.parrottree.com/gallery/?album=1&gallery=3

My concern with parrot tree is carnival uses this for their excursions, so if they're in port the resort might be crowded

My concern with parrot tree is carnival uses this for their excursions, so if they're in port the resort might be crowded

It has not been my experience that Parrot Tree is crowded unless it has become really popular in the last 12 months. We like to go places away from the crowds and last time i was there there were two of us in there wonderful pool area. A few more people round the lagoon and bar but certainly not crowded.

Paya Bay takes only a limited number of cruise people. Ya might have a look at them. I don't think they have a pool though.

Is this from Mahagony Bay? That would be high from Coxen Hole.

From Coxen Hole - i thought it was expensive too as i said I would get a private driver as we have had previously gives you flexibility if you want to change your day too

From Coxen Hole - i thought it was expensive too as i said I would get a private driver as we have had previously gives you flexibility if you want to change your day too

Maybe they meant one way per ride not per person.

Archived