First cruise Help Please

Engineroom0306

Very easy! ;) There will be a line of taxis just outside of the pier area with a posted list of taxi fares to various locations; the prices listed are per cab for 1-4 passengers. If there are 5 or more in your group a per passenger rate should also be displayed. You should double check with the driver about the fare before you get into the cab, but I've never had an issue with cabs in Cozumel which seem to be fairly well regulated (unlike, say Philadelphia or Washington DC! :mad:).

Depending upon which pier you are at the cab fare to downtown should be about $10+ Good luck! :)

Could not be easier. When you step out of the port there will literally be dozens of taxi drivers asking for your business. The going rate from the port to downtown is $7 for one or two people, I think it's $10 for a mini van full. Make sure to confirm the price before you get in the cab.

I have been to Cozumel twice. I found cabbies there and really throughout the Caribbean to be as honest if not more so than US cabbies.

If anyone has ever been to Las Vegas, you know exactly what I mean.

Something we have done on our first visit to every port was to hire a cab for the day. He'd take us on a tour of the area and show us stuff he thought was interesting. The guy in Cozumel was great, he took us through the part of town where he lived so we got to see how people live there and wave to his family. Then he took us to the far side where we had lunch. Finally he took us to the ruins on the island before dropping us off for some shopping.

I'm sure he got paid by the restaurant, but we thought his price was fair for the time we got him and we got to see the island as a native sees it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived