Best cruise ship to get sun?

run4me

Daughter 17 and myself needs sun. Thinking somewhere in Caribbean. We can cruise last week of Jan or 1st of Feb. Keeping cost down so having to do an inside cabin. Kid is shy and won't do teen club. Would like sun deck, gym, and beach time. Flying in so would like a port easy to get to or where I could rent a car to get to? Any suggestions?

Port Everglades (ft lauderdale) very easy port to reach from the airport. Fly in the day ahead for stress free travel. Any carribean port will have beaches galore. All ships have ample sun decks. Don't foget the sunscreen and ENJOY :)

Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami are easy ports to get too. During your time period there are plenty of ships available for a relaxing cruise. The cruises vary from three nights to eight nights. Port Canaveral is nice too but it involves getting from Orlando if you are flying in. The port is a relatively easy one hour trip. Every ship has plenty of areas where you can relax and get plenty of sun.

You can rent a car anywhere in Florida with no drop off fee (with a few exceptions). This means if you fly to Orlando you can rent a car and drop it at Port Canaveral for no additional charge. Gives some flexibility on flights. Western Caribbean seems more "beach" stops. Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, all have great beaches. If you can find a cruise that goes to Labadee, it is RCI's private beach and really wonderful. Coco Cay is also a private island, but runs a greater possibility of being a bit cooler than Labadee. If I really wanted to concentrate on beaches, I'd do a Western Caribbean with Labadee. These cruises tend to be cheaper also. Additionally there is always the option of staying on board during shore stops. You have pretty much the whole ship to yourself with plenty of opportunity to relax around the pool. We do this in Falmouth, as the shopping is at the port. We generally get off for a couple hours to browse, then spend quality time on a fairly empty ship.

Bottom line, any Caribbean cruise is "sun filled." Jan and Feb are not only cheaper in general, but the weather is usually beautiful that time of year.

Everyone I have been on have multiple sundecks and plenty of chairs to lounge in. If budget is an issue you might be looking at a 4 or 5 day Western Caribbean or 3, 4, or 5 day Bahamas.
I would not do a Bahamas cruise that time of year if my main goal was sun/warmth. I would start as far south as I could afford and go south from there. San Juan, if possible, or MIA/FLL if not, and if Florida, find a cruise that starts with a sea day heading south.

Agree with all the comments about San Juan, or sailing the southern Caribbean. We cruised once in January and would not recommend if sun is what you are looking for. Unfortunately we cruised the week of one of those huge storms that covered much of the nation - we had cold, cold rain for the entire week. Gift shop ran out of sweatshirts!

Daughter 17 and myself needs sun. Thinking somewhere in Caribbean. We can cruise last week of Jan or 1st of Feb. Keeping cost down so having to do an inside cabin. Kid is shy and won't do teen club. Would like sun deck, gym, and beach time. Flying in so would like a port easy to get to or where I could rent a car to get to? Any suggestions?

The Jewel out of Tampa has great prices right now.

I would not do a Bahamas cruise that time of year if my main goal was sun/warmth. I would start as far south as I could afford and go south from there. San Juan, if possible, or MIA/FLL if not, and if Florida, find a cruise that starts with a sea day heading south.

I agree with you about the Bahamas. The way I read the OP it seemed as though budget was a factor which would mean a shorter duration cruise and of course that includes the Bahamas as well as the Caribbean.

Archived