Princess shuttle to Long Beach Airport?

PSR

We will be arriving at the port in San Pedro (LA, not Long Beach) the end of March, and are wondering if anyone remembers if Princess sells a transfer to the Long Beach Airport, or only to LAX?

Thanks, Penny

We will be arriving at the port in San Pedro (LA, not Long Beach) the end of March, and are wondering if anyone remembers if Princess sells a transfer to the Long Beach Airport, or only to LAX?

Thanks, Penny

I am not sure if Princess offers the shuttle, but I know Super Shuttle does offer it at a pretty good price. I think you have to book Super Shuttle in advance because LB is not used as much as LAX.

I am not sure if Princess offers the shuttle, but I know Super Shuttle does offer it at a pretty good price. I think you have to book Super Shuttle in advance because LB is not used as much as LAX.
I'm not sure either but as said, you're better off pre-booking either SuperShuttle or Prime Time shuttle. It'll be cheaper and more convenient. The vans are usually just outside the baggage claim area and are run almost continuously. You'll find both, and their rates, by Googling them.

Thanks, Penny

I don't recall ever seeing an option other than to LAX.

Thanks to everyone for the information; will check Super Shuttle.

Penny:)

I booked the super shuttle on my iPhone as we entered port. When we got our luggage an hour later, our ride was waiting at the pier. Google for a discount code also. We booked the sshuttle both ways and were very happy.

Mike

We will need to do this trip when we return our rental car to long beach airport, is the super shuttle cheaper than a regular cab

Before you do that, check with the rental car company. Many of them will provide a shuttle.

I am not sure about the difference between taxi and Super Shuttle rates.

Before you do that, check with the rental car company. Many of them will provide a shuttle.

I am not sure about the difference between taxi and Super Shuttle rates.

A rental car company in downtown Long Beach may offer a ride to the cruiseship terminal in Long Beach next door to the Queen Mary, but I doubt if it would all the way to San Pedro.

Last time I checked, the cab had a flat rate to the Port of Los Angeles and for two it was cheaper to take a cab. I haven't been in a cab in a while and haven't seen one parked where I could get the rates.

Long Beach Airport only has 42 flights in/out a day-so unlike LAX the SuperShuttle isn't just waiting around for passengers. I would highly recommend prebooking it if landing at Long Beach Airport. The cruise terminal is probably a different situation.

A rental car company in downtown Long Beach may offer a ride to the cruiseship terminal in Long Beach next door to the Queen Mary, but I doubt if it would all the way to San Pedro.

Last time I checked, the cab had a flat rate to the Port of Los Angeles and for two it was cheaper to take a cab. I haven't been in a cab in a while and haven't seen one parked where I could get the rates.

Long Beach Airport only has 42 flights in/out a day-so unlike LAX the SuperShuttle isn't just waiting around for passengers. I would highly recommend prebooking it if landing at Long Beach Airport. The cruise terminal is probably a different situation.

We will be renting a car nd as far a i can make out long beach is the nearest place to return the car

We will be renting a car nd as far a i can make out long beach is the nearest place to return the car

Long Beach Airport and LAX are almost the same distance from the Port in San Pedro. It is $17 on Supershuttle from LAX and $15 from LGB.

If you are returning to a car rental to Downtown Long Beach, it is much closer than LAX.

Taxi fare from San Pedro to LGB as of September 2012 was $43.00 per taxi, up to 4 passengers (plus tip).

It's very, very easy to hop on one of the SuperShuttles or PrimeTime Shuttles at the pier. Just go to the bell desk (little podium) just outside the cruise terminal building. They usually have many vans waiting to go.

If you want to save some money, book in advance online. Show them your printed out receipt on that morning and you're set to go.

People going to LGB are usually put in with the Orange County drop offs and because of that, are usually one of the first to be dropped off. It's a very easy drive to get there & it seems there is less freeway congestion going in that direction as compared to LAX.

Taxi fare from San Pedro to LGB as of September 2012 was $43.00 per taxi, up to 4 passengers (plus tip).

It's very, very easy to hop on one of the SuperShuttles or PrimeTime Shuttles at the pier. Just go to the bell desk (little podium) just outside the cruise terminal building. They usually have many vans waiting to go.

If you want to save some money, book in advance online. Show them your printed out receipt on that morning and you're set to go.

People going to LGB are usually put in with the Orange County drop offs and because of that, are usually one of the first to be dropped off. It's a very easy drive to get there & it seems there is less freeway congestion going in that direction as compared to LAX.

Thank you for this very helpful post. I don't care for shuttles and thought there might be a problem of waiting if very few people are going to LGB, but there should be a lot of people going to Orange County. To be off first would also be a plus!

I tried to get a quote from Super Shuttle earlier but had trouble putting in the departure address. They didn't like "World Cruise Center LA" or similar. Do you know what address would work for the port on the SS site?

Thanks, Penny

Thank you for this very helpful post. I don't care for shuttles and thought there might be a problem of waiting if very few people are going to LGB, but there should be a lot of people going to Orange County. To be off first would also be a plus!

I tried to get a quote from Super Shuttle earlier but had trouble putting in the departure address. They didn't like "World Cruise Center LA" or similar. Do you know what address would work for the port on the SS site?

Thanks, Penny

You're welcome! Glad it helped. Use PrimeTime shuttle dot com! We have done that for our last 2-3 cruises from LA and they have been really great every time. If you use their website, they have the correct places in the drop-down boxes. Their vans are newer, are a bright red and are easy to spot. They have a good discount if you book online ahead of time. The Super Shuttles are PACKED. They really stuff people in them like sardines. I haven't found that with PrimeTime.

You're welcome! Glad it helped. Use PrimeTime shuttle dot com! We have done that for our last 2-3 cruises from LA and they have been really great every time. If you use their website, they have the correct places in the drop-down boxes. Their vans are newer, are a bright red and are easy to spot. They have a good discount if you book online ahead of time. The Super Shuttles are PACKED. They really stuff people in them like sardines. I haven't found that with PrimeTime.

I've seen references to PrimeTime online, but I'm not familiar with them like I am with Super Shuttle. Thanks for this tip, too. Will check out PrimeTime!

Penny;)

Archived