Harv & Marv - closed in December?

HarperSays

I emailed Harv & Marv a few weeks ago and then called and left a message about booking a whale watching tour. Haven't heard back from them. Anyone know if they are closed in December? I realize it's their off season, but are they closed until a certain date?

In November I put a deposit on a tour with them for next summer and Callie mentioned that they would be finalizing their 2013 schedule in January/February... So perhaps they do take December off...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the past, Capt. Jay and his family have headed to Hawaii to spend the holiday with their family in warmer climates. This was when his wife Eileen, handled the office work. Perhaps they gave Callie some time off for the holiday, and maybe she is winging her way south as well:p. For her sake, I hope so! Don't worry, you'll hear back from them. They provide excellent customer service and have for years, I have every confidence you'll get a response.

BTW - enjoy your whale watch w/Harv and Marv's - excellent, just excellent!

In the past, Capt. Jay and his family have headed to Hawaii to spend the holiday with their family in warmer climates. This was when his wife Eileen, handled the office work. Perhaps they gave Callie some time off for the holiday, and maybe she is winging her way south as well:p. For her sake, I hope so! Don't worry, you'll hear back from them. They provide excellent customer service and have for years, I have every confidence you'll get a response.

BTW - enjoy your whale watch w/Harv and Marv's - excellent, just excellent!

Thank you - I hope she's spending the holidays south as well. Perhaps my email earlier in the month went to spam. I've sent another and I'll try calling again mid-January.

Thank you - I hope she's spending the holidays south as well. Perhaps my email earlier in the month went to spam. I've sent another and I'll try calling again mid-January.

Definitely try to contact them again. Since you only sent one email, you don't know if they even got it. Also, check that you typed the address correctly.

This same thing happened to me earlier this year when we were trying to book a whale watch in August. A couple weeks went by and I finally decided to just call them. Everything worked out fine and they were able to get us a seat on one of their several boats. Callie apologized for any possible mix-up, she said our name looked familiar and it wasn't until later that day I checked my spam folder and Voila! there was her response.

BTW, we did the tour with Callie this August and she is a really great young woman. Really smart and knows her stuff. She told us she goes to university so there is a good chance that they just took a little time off and they will get back to you. But check your spam folder.

BTW, our whale adventure was spectacular! We saw many whales and bubble netting. The whales were all around us and the boat we took only had 6 people plus Calli. Have a great trip. We are still trying to decide if we want to go up again this spring. It will be our 4th Alaska trip in 5 years. There is always something different to do and see.

Thanks for the replies. I have now sent two emails (from two separate accounts) and left two phone messages. Still no response. I'll give it a few more days to a week and then we'll go with Orca Enterprises (since they have already responded to my first email).

Thanks for the replies. I have now sent two emails (from two separate accounts) and left two phone messages. Still no response. I'll give it a few more days to a week and then we'll go with Orca Enterprises (since they have already responded to my first email).

I'd give it until after the first of the year. This is the holiday season for lots of folks in Alaska. If they haven't returned your calls it's probably because they are out of town. Lots of us work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day during the summer tourist season. Then we take off in the winter months. That's just how life is up here.

As someone mentioned, also check your junk/spam folder. Also double check the email address. If they don't contact you, I fully understand you wanting to go with someone else. Customer Service is number one in any business. What seems odd, is Harv and Marv typically get such great reviews for customer service. Something just does not seem right. Good luck!! I am sure you will have a great tour with whomever you end up going with.

Callie emailed me on the 12th of December, are you sure you're emailing the correct address? (callie at harvandmarvs dot com). I honestly don't believe she is "ignoring" you, I've had nothing but a positive experience booking with Harv&Marvs.

I'd definitely check your spam folder or ensure email address correct as listed above. I sent this email to the "callie" email address above on December 27 and received the reply below immediately.

I apologize for the automated response to your inquiry. I am

traveling for the holidays and expect to be back toward the end of

Christmas week.

Thank You for your Patience,

Callie

907-209-7288

When all else fails, telephone. Calls to Alaska has no additional charge on most cell phone plans.

(907) 209-7288 Callie,

I am still surprised that many folks Outside (that is in the 49 other US states) believe that calls to Alaska are expensive.

Many Alaskans in the tourist trade use cell phones and answer their calls even when traveling in sunny places during the off season.

I'd definitely check your spam folder or ensure email address correct as listed above. I sent this email to the "callie" email address above on December 27 and received the reply below immediately.

I apologize for the automated response to your inquiry. I am

traveling for the holidays and expect to be back toward the end of

Christmas week.

Thank You for your Patience,

Callie

907-209-7288

Thank you, this was very helpful! I didn't have Callie's email, only the email on their webpage. However, Callie called me today and we're booked!!! So excited! Callie is really sweet and informed me she was away during the holidays.

When all else fails, telephone. Calls to Alaska has no additional charge on most cell phone plans.

(907) 209-7288 Callie,

I am still surprised that many folks Outside (that is in the 49 other US states) believe that calls to Alaska are expensive.

Many Alaskans in the tourist trade use cell phones and answer their calls even when traveling in sunny places during the off season.

Yes, I had already called twice (once early-December and again week before Christmas). She finally called back today and we were able to book.

Archived