Mitsugirlys STAR end of the world/pre-Christmas cruise detailed review & pictorial

mitsugirly

Tammy,

Yes and Yes. :D

We purchased our snorkel "set" 3 cruises ago. We got the US Divers kit that comes with everything...including the fins. The fins are the small half size fins and I LOVE them!!! They work excellent and the kit comes in a plastic/mesh/material case and easily packs in your suitcase sideways.

This is what I have:

1009690520_125.jpg

It's called the Diver "Diva". Back when I purchased mine, it was less than $40.

This past cruise, we decided to go ahead and purchase the snorkel vest since we snorkel every where we go...I just thought it would be a good idea and we could have paid for them already in all of the "rental" fees for them around $5 a pop. Plus they are material and fold up flat...so once again, it doesn't take up any room in the suitcase.

I also "splurged" this time around and purchased some snorkel socks and I LOVE them! They were about $10 at the local dive store. They kind of doubled as shoes as well on the beach when I needed them to (Bannister Island). It worked out great and the best $10 I have spent on snorkel stuff. :D

Thanks so much, love them! Going to order some!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Kim,

He survived a near fatal chainsaw accident 10 years ago. He kept calm throughout the whole ordeal-- he is an amazing man.

The reason I said this is the nurses who took such great care of him at Cornwall Hospital and St. Lukes. His first night in the hospital the nurse on duty stayed with him for much of the night. To this day I have yet to find out her name. NURSES are our unsung heroes! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all you nurses out there!

Kathy

Now he's my kind of patient. :D

I went to the bookstore today and purchased "most" of my school books for this semester (which starts next week)...GASP!! I still have a few more on the way that I purchased online, used, for cheaper.:eek: I seriously don't know how they expect us to not only read all of these books, but do our homework AND have time to study AND work AND have a family life. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be so stressed out over the next 4 months I will proabably cry every night. :(

P1090001_zps49ead5e0.jpg

Thanks so much, love them! Going to order some!

I love mine. Good Luck and let me know how they work out for you. :)

[quote name=mitsugirly

I went to the bookstore today and purchased "most" of my school books for this semester (which starts next week)...GASP!! I still have a few more on the way that I purchased online' date=' used, for cheaper.:eek: I seriously don't know how they expect us to not only read all of these books, but do our homework AND have time to study AND work AND have a family life. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be so stressed out over the next 4 months I will proabably cry every night. :(

P1090001_zps49ead5e0.jpg

You will be fine and kick some butt in this semester! But if you need to cry and let out the stress late at night, we your virtual friends, your virtual nursing school support system will be here!

You will be fine and kick some butt in this semester! But if you need to cry and let out the stress late at night, we your virtual friends, your virtual nursing school support system will be here!

Awww, thanks so much! I really appreciate it. I will probably have to take you up on that a few times. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Kim -

Thanks again for the wonderful review. Do you recall if there were any lockers available on Bannister Island, and if so how large they were?

Thanks!

Donna

Donna, you are very welcome. I hope you enjoyed it.

I did not see any lockers at Bannister. I would think if they had any, it would be around the bathroom area and I did not see any there. So, I don't think they do. We didn't have any problems though and walked all over the place and left our things at the chairs. Of course we never leave anything of value around and I keep a dry pack with me with our ship cards and money in it. We have been lucky on all of our cruises and in the ports and never had an issue.

Having a young child, as we do, she makes friends easily, which means we also make friends with the parents. So, everyone usually knows who belongs where with who's stuff and it's kind of always been that "unsaid rule" that you would know if someone that didn't belong there walked up to the stuff. I would watch their things the same way. :)

• 2 weeks later...

mitsugirly, your review is absolutely outstanding...the "telling your story with your eye" is a wonderful thing since your eye seems to surpass everybody else's...your photography is truly remarkable, choices of what to photograph, framing, etc., and the color and brightness (guessing your eye is involved significantly here, also)...thank you so very much for the experience. :):):)

I forgot to mention that charming photo of your daughter turning back in the cockpit...she really is a very cute, adorable girl.

Edited by cruiseclues

mitsugirly, your review is absolutely outstanding...the "telling your story with your eye" is a wonderful thing since your eye seems to surpass everybody else's...your photography is truly remarkable, choices of what to photograph, framing, etc., and the color and brightness (guessing your eye is involved significantly here, also)...thank you so very much for the experience. :):):)

I forgot to mention that charming photo of your daughter turning back in the cockpit...she really is a very cute, adorable girl.

Awww, thank you SO MUCH for the awesome compliments. I have always been interested in photography and taking pictures. I actually took a few classes over the summer because it interest me so much. You wouldn't believe the amount of pictures I take while I'm on a cruise and the amount of memory disk I take with me. Sometimes I get home and I gasp at the amount of pictures I took. :eek: It's so hard to just choose a few to share. :D

The "family" your daughter was so interested in are noni fruits. They have a wide variety of health benefits for all kinds of things including high blood pressure and arthritis pain, and helps with the digestive system.

This looks like a beautiful place to spend a day!

First let me say, you have the cutest little girl!! I have never cruises NCL, but was directed to your review from the Belize board and here I am 9 hours later and finally finished your entire review..( I stopped to cook dinner, etc, lol). I thoroughly enjoyed everything about your review and now will even look at NCL for a cruise. I have cruised with my children many times, but they are all grown now and can not wait to start my 1 yr old Granddaughter cruising!! Thanks so much for the review! Oh yea the video of your lil girl and the horn blowing, PRICELESS!!

The "family" your daughter was so interested in are noni fruits. They have a wide variety of health benefits for all kinds of things including high blood pressure and arthritis pain, and helps with the digestive system.

This looks like a beautiful place to spend a day!

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the people on the island don't offer a "taste" for visitors.

First let me say, you have the cutest little girl!! I have never cruises NCL, but was directed to your review from the Belize board and here I am 9 hours later and finally finished your entire review..( I stopped to cook dinner, etc, lol). I thoroughly enjoyed everything about your review and now will even look at NCL for a cruise. I have cruised with my children many times, but they are all grown now and can not wait to start my 1 yr old Granddaughter cruising!! Thanks so much for the review! Oh yea the video of your lil girl and the horn blowing, PRICELESS!!

Aww, thanks for the comments. You read all of that in 9 hours? :eek: (clapping hands...I don't think I could have ever did it hehe).

You are very welcome for the review. I love to help others out in any way I can.

Hi. We just returned from our cruise on the Star. We had a great time. I read your review before we went & now I am reading it again with new eyes. I love your pictures - I am keeping your review to look back on and remember what a good time we had.

Thank you

I found your review mentioned on the Roatan board last night. I read it last night and today. I enjoyed the review so much. Seeing the pictures of Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan brought back good memories. Unfortunately the pics I had from a cruise in 2009 was lost. I was at Maya Key when it was known as Fins and Flippers. I loved that island. I remember that they were in the process of building the ruins. They have definitely expanded and improved the facilities on the island. I wish they had not sold out to the cruise lines. Did Maya Key seem crowded? I noticed they doubled their prices since 2009. I look forward to your review of the Jewel. :)

Sorry for the multiple posts... my computer locked up... didn't know it would post that many times. Is there a way for me to delete the extra ones?

Does not matter good to see you a few times lol

The review and pictures are fantastic. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Actually I have already forgotten, the first night at the hotel, I noticed a MAJOR catastrophe…we had forgotten my daughters “blankie” YIKES RUN FOR COVER!! She has not gone to bed EVER without this blanket since she was born. It is her soul mate. Oh no. That took a lot of explaining to do. I promise I had it on the kitchen table beside my carry-on bag for the plane and she had to have moved it off the table prior to leaving and I didn’t notice it was gone and forgot to grab it. Now the entire vacation is going to be ruined. I got super excited about her being in that (remember) big girl pull out sofa bed and she shared in the excitement and the tears left. I pulled out a “big girl blankie” from the closet and told her now that she’s a big girl, she needed to sleep with a big girl blanket. To my surprise, it worked.

Nice review! I just noted that Norwegian Star will be doing main transcanal cruises from 2014 and that's what I plan to go next year too.

This bit also reminds me of my DD4 (now, will be 5 at the time of transcanal cruise next Oct) and her bolster! She will make sure we don't forget about the bolster by hand carrying it herself!

I found your review mentioned on the Roatan board last night. I read it last night and today. I enjoyed the review so much. Seeing the pictures of Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan brought back good memories. Unfortunately the pics I had from a cruise in 2009 was lost. I was at Maya Key when it was known as Fins and Flippers. I loved that island. I remember that they were in the process of building the ruins. They have definitely expanded and improved the facilities on the island. I wish they had not sold out to the cruise lines. Did Maya Key seem crowded? I noticed they doubled their prices since 2009. I look forward to your review of the Jewel. :)

It did not seem crowded to me at all (as you can probably tell from a lot of the pictures). We loved our time there and thought that the price they charged (even being a cruise ship tour which is the only way you can get there now) was a good deal with everything there to do, the awesome snorkeling and the meal included. Although I did notice that other cruise lines charge A LOT more than NCL does. :(

The review and pictures are fantastic. Thanks so much for taking the time.

You are very welcome. :D