Nieuw Amsterdam

paperclips

Am looking forward to my Feb 10th, 2013 sailing.

I'm wondering if the ship holds a solo travellers meeting the first night. I phoned Service dept. today and she said no. I thought I read somewhere they do and I wished I saved that website.

And I asked about being seated for dinner with other solos, then she said the travel agent will have to arrange that. she never said a definite yes or no.

Just want to know what other solos experiences were on this ship.

Thanks

I can`t recall seeing any singles get together on my trip on the NA (Nov 18 - Dec 2nd). That said, I don`t go to them so I could have missed it in the program. When I have been on other cruises I know they did have them but it might just be longer cruises. Do you have open or traditional dining. I`ve been seated with other singles, couples etc in traditional. It seems to be a mix. I`m not sure if your TA could help much but maybe they could make the request. Good luck:).

A group on our CC roll call (this was Celebrity, not HAL) set up their own Solo dinners. They got a group trogether and then someone called the cruiseline to arrange.

That sounds like a good idea. That said, I don`t find a ton of singles on the HAL roll calls. Celebrity may have more.

I'm wondering if the ship holds a solo travellers meeting the first night.

I have seen solo get-togethers scheduled, but not on all cruises. I agree that it might have something to do with the length of the cruise---longer cruises more likely have the gatherings.

I don't go, for one reason because they are always scheduled while I am at dinner, or are in conflict with the late show.

They do usually schedule solo luncheons in the dining room. You just meet at the door at the scheduled time. Again, I've never attended as it's held right after I finish breakfast (noon).

We are also on that sailing and thought you might like to come over to the rollcall thread for this cruise. Not sure how to insert a link, but you can find it listed under Holland America Rollcalls and then under Nieuw Amsterdam.

At least you could make a connection with some of us on the ship.

In the past, I have seen scheduled meetings or lunches for solo cruisers, but have never attended them and I'm not really sure how often the ship will have them.

NA is a great ship and we hope to have a great cruise in February.

Archived