Gratuities, first time with prepay

Snostar

Hey, if you want to work that hard to make yourself feel better than go for it;). I don't want to work that hard, so I just leave the autotips in place and tip extra if warranted.

If I'm doing the work, why do you care? Would you feel better if I used your system? Just wondering

The tips should be manditory. Too many people remove the tips so they can spend more in the cassino or buy some booze. I sat at breakfest on the final day last time with a brit who talked about how he removed the tips and he only needed to give his "cabin boy" $10.00 (5 day cruise). All the other tips were unnessasary. Let him work for those wages and see how he likes it.

Another idea would be to not allow cancelling tips once the Sail and Sign card has been issued. Then indicate with a big mark on the Sail and Sign card if tips have been paid.

We will soon be boarding our first Carnival cruise! This cruise was a gift from my father and gratuities have been prepaid. On my past cruises I gave gratuities in cash and I am rethinking the prepay. I enjoyed handing them out so the staff could immediately be rewarded. Would Carnival credit me with OBC if I request this?

If I hadn't done the prepaid would Carnival automatically place the charge on my S & S account?

Someone gave the tips as part of the gift. Let them stay on the account so the people they were intended for get them. The tips cover people you would never tip in person that take part in making your cruise special.

Archived