Jade quad bed configuration OV and Balcony

trvlgirlmq

Looking at either a picture window OV or a balcony suitable for 4. I've searched for pictures but haven't found exactly what I want to know.

1. In the OV where does the 4th bed go if 2 twins and a drop down bunk?

2. In the balcony is the sofa sleeper for 2? If not, is there a drop down bunk over the sofa for the 4th person?

3. Comfort of the sofa sleeper and bunk for an 18 and 11 year old (14 night cruise so comfort level will be more important than a shorter cruise).

Pictures welcome!

Many thanks.

Here is a picture of a 4-person balcony on a Jewel class NCL ship....probably the same on the Jade.....the pull out couch is not for two people. The 4th bed is a bunk that drops down from the ceiling, basically blocking access to the balcony, except by crawling on your knees. The girl in the picture is on the pull-out couch.

ba-with-turn-down.jpg.e39278de096498a62847dc18ffbbd61f.jpg

That blocked access doesn't look very good. One of the things we enjoyed was sitting out in the evening. I'm short but getting too old to play twister :D

The cost difference is significant so may have to go with wall to wall sleeping if this is the trip we decide upon.

Wow, so is the 4th bed only set up in the evening or do they leave it like that for the whole cruise? The second configuration looks a bit better as it leaves some room for movement.

I'm still flabbergasted by the drop down bunk right in front of the balcony doors. Did no one in the design department stop to think, "maybe our guests will want to sit out in the evening after their kids are asleep" :confused:

They really want my money to get the mini suite don't they! Is their a drop down bed in the same place in these cabins?

These are from the Gem's oceanview stateroom, should be same for the Jewel & Gem -the trestle in its upright position is the same height as the double bed - paddding is a bit on the thin side, ask for extra foam/egg crate padding for a good night sleep upon boarding.

SDC10495.JPG

SDC10497.JPG

SDC10573-Quad%20Beds.jpg

Ladder to climb up to the pullman bed can be hooked at the end of the bed - as it willl be literally be wall-to-wall beds, and not much room to move around but fine for sleeping as long as nobody is snoring loudly (or used to it anyway - LOL)

Thank you for all of the pictures. I did find a review with lots of photos of the mini suite with the extra bed made up. It's a much better configuration. Lots to think about.

My mom won't admit it but she snores loudly!!! It's hard enough sharing a room I don't know if I can sleep that close to her for 2 weeks.

My mom won't admit it but she snores loudly!!! It's hard enough sharing a room I don't know if I can sleep that close to her for 2 weeks.

By day 7 of cruising with my snoring mom I'm almost ready to jump overboard. I'm thinking we need to start getting separate cabins. Have you considered two cabins, like a balcony and inside? Four people in one cabin for 14 days sounds tight.

Archived