Oceanview cabin Deck 1 Queen Victoria - Advice

Indy_Girl46

We had a deck 1 cabin on the QE. Nice cabin with plenty of space however window got quickly covered in salt obscuring the view and in some ports you could only see the side if the dock!

Good for some natural light into the room but not for view.

Re location deck 1 is good for the MDR's but long way from buffet for early morning coffee or evening snack before bed! Close to purser and shops and similar public areas.

I would choose a higher location to be near the pools and buffet but any cabin is great for me just want to cruise!

Gillian.

We have tried primarily balcony staterooms, for a variety of reasons, even when we have hardly had an opportunity to venture outside onto the balcony for inclement weather reasons.

BUT, had a last minute "good deal" on the QV last year, an outside stateroom on Deck 1 - perfect. We loved the location in respect of the overall amenities of the ship. So much so that we have already booked a 14 day cruise for this May of this year and have actually booked the same stateroom on Deck 1.

We recommend Deck 1, go for it, enjoy your cruise...............

Hi

I have sailed on both QE and QV. I have never been in those one deck outside cabins but I have peeked in and they appear very nice with each having a large window. But I would be careful on that deck because that deck is right under deck two where there are many public rooms including THE GOLDEN LION PUB and the BALLROOM. There may be noise issues. Check the deck plans.

Also, if you are sailing on a long cruise, be aware there are no public laundry facilities on deck one which means you have to go up to at least deck four to find one. That can be inconvenient. Of course, if you are having the ship do you laundry that will not be an issue. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Deck Chair

Archived