Formal Night on Silhouette?

matwood

Hi, will be on Silhouette (first time Celebrity cruiser) 7 day Caribbean in April and am wondering when the two formal nights will be. I'm thinking nights #2 and #6, assuming both are at sea?

The last night will be night #7, so I would say that you are correct in your assumption. Perhaps you will post your thoughts about Celebrity after you cruise.

We returned in Nov. from a 14 night Med cruise on Reflection. We were expecting and were prepared for three forml nights. It turned out that there was only one formal night and two cocktail evenings. Few people dressed forml on the cocktail evenings. On a cruiein March on Silhouette, a similar thing happened. Again we were expecting three formal nights. Turned out there were two and one cocktail evening.

My guess is this is Celebrity's way of phasing out formall nights. We have always loved them and dressed formally for them, but with fewer and fewer people dressing formally we're ready to accept that maybe their day is just about done.

Hi, will be on Silhouette (first time Celebrity cruiser) 7 day Caribbean in April and am wondering when the two formal nights will be. I'm thinking nights #2 and #6, assuming both are at sea?

That is Celebrity's normal pattern on 7 day cruises, day 2 and day 6. Sea days don't mean a lot, they very often hold formal nights on port days. Day 6 on your cruise is Labadee....

• 1 month later...

We will observe two fomal nights on Silho if they have two dressy nights--this "newer" cocktail night is a step back to when they had Smart Casual, Informal (suit & tie ) & formal..too much luggage!!!

We have long supported observing formal nights but after a recent stay at a very nice all-inclusive we find that not doing the tux etc was very appealing... they had mostly resort casual, & then up for the nicer restaurants..no suit, not tie, no tux!!! We may be going over to the other side formal night polls!!!

Archived