Anyone Recently on Silhouette?

catugirl

DH and I will be on Silhouette on January 6th, and I have what may seem a silly question. Are the public areas on Silhouette kept at a cold temperature? I need to know for packing purposes. I'm cold-natured, so if the ship is cold, I'll need to pack extra sweaters. Thanks

I returned from the Silhouette on December 16th and we did the transatlantic. You will be in a much warmer climate. I did not find the main dining room, theater or other venues to be exceptionally chilly. Of course there is ice at the martini bar! Enjoy your cruise.

DH and I will be on Silhouette on January 6th, and I have what may seem a silly question. Are the public areas on Silhouette kept at a cold temperature? I need to know for packing purposes. I'm cold-natured, so if the ship is cold, I'll need to pack extra sweaters. Thanks

I understand wanting to know, but are you really going to get such a compelling answer from anyone that you're going to not just throw in a versatile coverup?

Hi there, I'm generally cold so I brought 2 different light sweaters and a long scarf on the transatlantic. I only recall being chilly once in 15 nights. Every other night I wore sleeveless tops and dresses with no problem. Don't bring more than one light item if you're worried, you'll probably never use it but it's good to have just in case.

I just got off today and didn't need my wrap once. However, it was quite chilly in Ft Lauderdale and I didn't come prepared for that. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi:) I have been following your thread:D I am sailing her in April.

Would you happen to know who the bartenter is in the Molecular

Bar?

We never made it to the Molecular Bar, so I can't help you there. Sorry! Wish I was still on board. I would check for you!

Oh, that's ok:)....I will find out when I get on the ship:D

Hope you had a great cruise:)

Hi there, I'm generally cold so I brought 2 different light sweaters and a long scarf on the transatlantic. I only recall being chilly once in 15 nights. Every other night I wore sleeveless tops and dresses with no problem. Don't bring more than one light item if you're worried, you'll probably never use it but it's good to have just in case.

We were also on the transatlantic. On the whole, the temperature was quite good, but there were some cold spots.

For some reason, the corridor on deck 5, just in front of the perfume shop was particularly cold the whole time, and the front section of the theatre has air conditioning vents coming out of the back of the seats. If you stick to the back section on deck 4, this is the warmest part of the theatre. The entrance area to the Sky lounge had a cold draught, but further in was OK.

The dining room was reasonably good, temperature wise.

I am not sure who makes the decisions on the temperature of the air conditioning. On some ships it is set much cooler than others, so it may depend on the person in charge at the time, which may not be the same as when we were on the ship.

Lois,

I plan on spending quite a bit of time there next week :D, will let you know when I get back.

Susan

Hi Susan, thanks so much and have a wonderful cruise:D

We were on Silhouette Dec 16-19 to Nassau and one night I brought a light weight cardigan around with me and it was too warm to wear it, unless you are walking outside. But inside the ship I found everywhere to be at a good temperature, even the dining room. The rest of the nights I never bothered with bringing a sweater around. Fort Lauderdale was nice Dec 14-16 but I hear it was cold the week after that.

Archived