welcome aboard package?

vols_159

I just received an envelope with luggage tags and a welcome aboard letter a few days ago.

are you in a full suite?

Last cruise was in november 2011 and they sent out the luggage tags was hoping they still did

We cruised in September, not in a suite. Received the luggage tags and booklet a few weeks before. We are cruising in February in a full suite. Received a letter today with the luggage tags and a short letter about how I could read the booklet information online. It appears they are cutting out sending the booklets now to save money.

We're cruising on Jan 6th and this time have not received the usual booklet and luggage tags. Don't know how the printed paper ones are going to stay on suitcases without getting ripped!

You fold them so the paper is 3x as thick if you follow directions. If you're really worried, just cover it in a layer of clear packing tape and you're all set. Many other cruise lines have changed to this and not had issues.

We're cruising on Jan 6th and this time have not received the usual booklet and luggage tags. Don't know how the printed paper ones are going to stay on suitcases without getting ripped!

I print the tags on poster board. Much more durable. Or, if you have photo paper, that is also better than regular printer paper.

I print the tags on poster board. Much more durable. Or, if you have photo paper, that is also better than regular printer paper.

Lots of ways to make people more comfortable with printed tags. The fact is not one person has ever posted here that properly folded and stapled paper tags have come off their luggage. Now I have seen luggage at the pier with the full sheet folded in half or the tags cut out that most likely didn't survive. If you want a craft project to help with the anticipation of the cruise have at poster board, laminating, clear tape, and zip ties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I either reinforce with clear packing tape and then use a hole punch. Attach with plastic computer ties. Last time, I laminated and that worked really well. Have not had any problems with them ever coming off even if just plain paper and stapled.

The porters will also have tags for you.

NCL stopped sending out luggage tags late last year though some still have reported getting a Welcome Package even if not in a suite. Seems to be hit or miss.

Does NCL still send out the same package Luggage tags ect?

You can find NCL's announcement about the Welcome Aboard Packages here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36362333&postcount=23

Links to the new booklets are found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35684279&postcount=31

We salied on the Epic last April and I had concerns over the printed paper tags. I covered them with clear packing tape and had no problem at all.

are you in a full suite?

Last cruise was in november 2011 and they sent out the luggage tags was hoping they still did

Yes I am, Last cruise in March 2012 I got a booklet with luggage tags, but I read that they were discontinuing the booklets and luggage tags in Nov.2012.

I was happy that they sent the luggage tags.:)

I was just on the Star (not in a suite) and we got a packet in the mail with luggage tags. But we ended up switching rooms so had to print them anyway. Some clear packing tape secured them with no problem, i accidentally left it on one bag (we self assisted off the ship) and it even made it home getting checked on our flight back.

I was just on the Star (not in a suite) and we got a packet in the mail with luggage tags. But we ended up switching rooms so had to print them anyway. Some clear packing tape secured them with no problem, i accidentally left it on one bag (we self assisted off the ship) and it even made it home getting checked on our flight back.

You received the booklet because it was mailed before November 1, 2012.

To any who don't wish to bother with the print-your-own luggage tags, the porters still have blank luggage tags and you can simply add your cabin number. Not sure how long they will still have those available, though.

As an alternative, many people are raving about the clear plastic sleeves for the paper tags, and they are available at many outlets, including here on CruiseCritic - click here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

We are cruising next Sunday and got a welcome packet with luggage tags, but no booklet (we were given a website to go on to read the booklet). We are staying in the garden villa though, so I imagine that's why we got them.:rolleyes:

We are cruising next Sunday and got a welcome packet with luggage tags, but no booklet (we were given a website to go on to read the booklet). We are staying in the garden villa though, so I imagine that's why we got them.:rolleyes:

Exactly they are still sending out the luggage tags and welcome aboard letter to full suite passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived