Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from Grandeur and we liked the panoramic cabins. We had 8039 in the middle. I think being on the end of the panoramic cabins might have been better because you don't have any metal blocking the window. On the other hand, being on the ends would have meant you were across from the opening to the centrum.

We did hear party music from the centrum. It's the hub of the ship. But that was only one evening when I wasn't feeling well and I went to bed a little early (50s/60s soc hop). But I'm one that can sleep through a little music. It wasn't that loud but you could hear it laying in bed. That was the only time because we were always up later and it wasn't a problem.

It was nice to sit on the small ledge and look out. I have pictures to share. My only thing is I have to figure out how to get them on here ;-) I'll do that shortly as soon as I figure it out

Thanks for the info on this thread. We have 8598 and 8600 booked on EOS for Spring Break 2014. Went directly thru RC by phone, and have 2 and 3 persons in each cabin. Was told by the rep that there is usually a minimum to book these cabins, and that we would never get both cabins with only 5 total passengers if we had not called directly and had gone thru a TA. So excited....this cruise is still a surprise for the kids!

We switched to 7053, and when I called today I asked the guy if there was a refrigerator in the room and he said no, but he would request one for me and it would be hooked up and waiting when we got there!! Very excited to save so much money by switching dates, and we still won't be in spring break territory, so should be great!

You mentioned those two dreaded words - Spring Break:eek: When is spring break next year. I am on Enchantment the week of May 19 - 23. I hope I don't have to change it. Thanks.

Here in Tucson spring break is the week of March 17. The last day of school is May 22. It varies by the part of the country. We've gotten burned the middle/end of Feb and through March before with tons of kids. School is over so early, too, that we won't go toward the end of May either. We try longer cruises in Jan or early Feb to avoid the kids.

Here are the pictures of Grandeurs panoramic oceanview cabin, room 8039. Take note of the metal vertically and coming across in a curve. It really didn't bother us. The cabin is one of the middle two. I believe there are 6 panoramic cabins on each side. So, it appears that the two in the middle have the curving metal there but not the ones on the end. Let me know if you have any questions. Oh and yes there are shower curtains in the bathroom.

One other thing I wanted to confirm is that these rooms do have mini refrigerators. I think there was some question that only the balcony cabins and suites had them. At least the panoramic oceanview rooms have them.

Edited to make pictures bigger

571550732_grandeur5.jpg.303904e862c5726c19e82b626dc3cd0a.jpg

1628642878_Grandeur6.jpg.8dba0b7af82c535a479665b2796e8bbd.jpg

718385754_grandeur2.jpg.0151d8f1295fc83376cbebbf1285cdad.jpg

2124170946_grandeur4.jpg.722593f7d2d373e673e1a01c7ff6e84a.jpg

1739391778_grandeur3.jpg.fd08e1559697027a23295ee9fd7d2593.jpg

Edited by slyster

You are welcome! I really did love the view as it took up the entire wall. It was really nice.

Sorry the pics are small. I might be doing something wrong. I could do small, medium, and large and the large takes up almost the entire screen. So I tried medium and it doesn't appear to be much different. I tried a picture hosting site and well and got the same result.

Hopefully these work. I really wanted to share since so many were willing to share theirs with me.

We were in 7582 to Bermuda October 11. The room is large with the bed next to the window. The window is located in the corner of the room and does not take up the entire wall. The room door is visible to the centrum at all times and you can hear whatever is going on in the centrum until 11 pm or midnight. The entertainment late into the evening did not affect us as we go to bed late. We would book this room again.

I also wanted to note that there were a couple of evenings or mornings around midnight or very early where we could hear scraping above. I couldn't figure out what it was until I realized that we were under the pool deck. My cabin was deck 8 and the pool was deck 9

We are currently on the Legend, doing the crossing to FLL. We are in 7053 Panoramic which is quite spacious, has good storage, a mini bar fridge and no decor on the windows. Love the location but those going to bed early might want to bring ear plugs as music is played in the Centrum until midnight. It doesn't bother us.

We are not using the bar fridge. Could have contents removed but it is really not cool enough inside to be useful.

We do not hear any noise from elevators or stairs but we are conveniently close to them.

Deck 8 cabins will experience early and late pool deck noise, including metal carts that get rolled around.

Janet524 - We are also in Williamsburg, VA

Hello, neighbor! Doesn't it bum you out that RC isn't sailing from Norfolk any more. Loved it when Empress of the Seas and Grandeur home ported in Norfolk. Baltimore is closer than Ft. Lauderdale, but Norfolk is so convenient.

I'd be it has a lot to do with the parking situation. The fact that the ship terminal is right downtown is a double edged sword. Really great to be right down town, but the logistics of drop-off and pick-up of passengers and the off-site parking are difficult. We can hope that some day RC or X or HAL will be back.

Hello, neighbor! Doesn't it bum you out that RC isn't sailing from Norfolk any more. Loved it when Empress of the Seas and Grandeur home ported in Norfolk. Baltimore is closer than Ft. Lauderdale, but Norfolk is so convenient.

I'd be it has a lot to do with the parking situation. The fact that the ship terminal is right downtown is a double edged sword. Really great to be right down town, but the logistics of drop-off and pick-up of passengers and the off-site parking are difficult. We can hope that some day RC or X or HAL will be back.

We never had the opportunity to cruise from Norfolk but I would be one of the first in line to book a cruise if they returned. Last month was the first time we cruised from Baltimore but it won't be our last. So easy and we loved the Grandeur.

We have one of these rooms booked on EOS next year. We booked one of the end rooms forward on deck 7 We have never cruised before and am wondering if the noise level would be less if we moved to one of the middle rooms as we are traveling with a small child and will probably turning in early. Are the end rooms near the centrum opening? Does that make these rooms more likely noisier? Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

We have one of these rooms booked on EOS next year. We booked one of the end rooms forward on deck 7 We have never cruised before and am wondering if the noise level would be less if we moved to one of the middle rooms as we are traveling with a small child and will probably turning in early. Are the end rooms near the centrum opening? Does that make these rooms more likely noisier? Any advice is appreciated!

I cannot say there would be less noise in a panoramic room that was more centrally located behind the wall they built to these rooms. It’s a short hallway with a door at each end. Both doors are open to the centrum and are never closed. We didn’t find the noise level to be unreasonable and enjoyed hearing the music in our room. Of course, it helped that we liked the music being played. It was louder on the night they had the disco party but we didn’t mind that either. It was the best entertainment they had on the ship all week and not to be missed. Cabin 7582 is directly in front of one of the entrances.

I forgot to mention that the information I provided was for the Grandeur of the Seas not the EOS. I'm not sure but I think the EOS cabin numbers are different.

We never had the opportunity to cruise from Norfolk but I would be one of the first in line to book a cruise if they returned. Last month was the first time we cruised from Baltimore but it won't be our last. So easy and we loved the Grandeur.

We've sailed out of Baltimore several times. Three or four on Grandeur, a couple on Enchantment when she was "switched out" for Grandeur, and as you can see I'll be on Grandeur in May with a friend sailing to Bermuda.

DH and I were booked on Grandeur this past June. Got a phone call a few weeks prior giving us a great complimentary upgrade. Next day they had the fire on board! Because we had a small window to do our cruise, we switched to Allure for the same week.

Alot of people complained about the compensation RC offered when their cruise was cancelled. Personally, I thought they were more than generous. We got a full refund plus 50% - booked a balcony GTY on their newest ship, Allure, they gave us a junior suite and at the end of the day we had a $400 credit back to us for the cruise fare. They certainly did right by us.

Where in "the 'burg" are you located? We're in the general area of Monticello Marketplace.

We've sailed out of Baltimore several times. Three or four on Grandeur, a couple on Enchantment when she was "switched out" for Grandeur, and as you can see I'll be on Grandeur in May with a friend sailing to Bermuda.

DH and I were booked on Grandeur this past June. Got a phone call a few weeks prior giving us a great complimentary upgrade. Next day they had the fire on board! Because we had a small window to do our cruise, we switched to Allure for the same week.

Alot of people complained about the compensation RC offered when their cruise was cancelled. Personally, I thought they were more than generous. We got a full refund plus 50% - booked a balcony GTY on their newest ship, Allure, they gave us a junior suite and at the end of the day we had a $400 credit back to us for the cruise fare. They certainly did right by us.

Where in "the 'burg" are you located? We're in the general area of Monticello Marketplace.

RC let us cancel our cruise on Enchantment of the Seas last October because of Hurricane Sandy and returned all our money. We then booked Grandeur for this past October.

Not far from your general area. We are at nearby Jamestown Road.

I cannot say there would be less noise in a panoramic room that was more centrally located behind the wall they built to these rooms. It’s a short hallway with a door at each end. Both doors are open to the centrum and are never closed. We didn’t find the noise level to be unreasonable and enjoyed hearing the music in our room. Of course, it helped that we liked the music being played. It was louder on the night they had the disco party but we didn’t mind that either. It was the best entertainment they had on the ship all week and not to be missed. Cabin 7582 is directly in front of one of the entrances.

Thanks for explaining that to me! Helps to to get a visual of how things are set up. Probably not much of a difference in noise level one or two rooms down!

Edited by Cappy79

We're in 7053 on the Legend in Jan!!! Thanks! They told me there was no fridge glad to hear there is. Is the sofa next to the window?if you have pics I'd love to see. Have a great crossing!

Yes, sofa is next to the window. We really like this cabin for all the space and light. Good storage, too and it's easy to get around the end of the bed without tripping over each other. Will post pics when we get home. On first of 7 Atlantic sea days today. Calm seas, sunny and warm enough for T shirts and pool use on deck. Blissful!

Yes, sofa is next to the window. We really like this cabin for all the space and light. Good storage, too and it's easy to get around the end of the bed without tripping over each other. Will post pics when we get home. On first of 7 Atlantic sea days today. Calm seas, sunny and warm enough for T shirts and pool use on deck. Blissful!

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures. We are in 7553 in January. :D

Lisa

that's a really good description. We were in the middle of the panoramic oceanview rooms. I noticed the music was very loud at the open doorway. It was still pretty loud in the middle, but I can see how a cabin right in front of the door being able to hear more from the centrum. From my middle cabin, I could barely hear the music.