Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Looking for feedback on the Panoramic View rooms on the Legend. Noise issues?? Which deck? Thinking of this as a great option for a Norway trip, see the views without freezing on a balcony! What do you think?

I know this is an old thread, but I recently stayed in Panoramic OceanView 8531 on the LEGEND. I thought it was an excellent location. Close to the elevators, one deck up to Diamond Lounge, Windjammer, & pools. It was just steps away to look down when there was something going on in the Centrum, like the arial show and theme parties.

We faintly heard the goings-on in the Centrum at night, but we had no problem with it. There is a wall barrier to the Panoramic cabins which probably buffers the sound.

We had 3 adults in our cabin. The pull-out couch was a bit uncomfortable until our room steward replaced the sofa mattress with a regular double bed mattress. Then it was fine. The only problem was that the sofa bed was never put back in during the day, so there was no couch to sit on. Otherwise, it was a more spacious room than a regular oceanview, with a fantastic unobstructed view of the ocean.

I would book this room again in a heartbeat!

I know this is an old thread, but I recently stayed in Panoramic OceanView 8531 on the LEGEND. I thought it was an excellent location. Close to the elevators, one deck up to Diamond Lounge, Windjammer, & pools. It was just steps away to look down when there was something going on in the Centrum, like the arial show and theme parties.

We faintly heard the goings-on in the Centrum at night, but we had no problem with it. There is a wall barrier to the Panoramic cabins which probably buffers the sound.

Otherwise, it was a more spacious room than a regular oceanview, with a fantastic unobstructed view of the ocean.

I would book this room again in a heartbeat!

We were in Cabin 8042 on Legend OTS recently and agree 100% This was one of the largest outside cabins excluding balconies and JS's we have been in. Very nicely done. Quite a surprize!

I just booked Gradeur 7588 for four people....2 adults and 2 kids. The room is listed as accomadating 3. 1 king and a sofa bed. Where does the 4th person sleep? Do they bring in a rollaway?

It's got to be a rollaway because the sofa bed is just the bottom of the sofa with the back pillows removed. You might want to double and triple check with RCI to make sure four people can indeed stay in that room. Are the kids little? If so the rollaway will be fine, but if it's an older child it might be annoying for a week.

I have cabin 1864 on the Freedom of the Seas booked for next October. Does anyone have any pictures and/or comments on it?

A google search using the words "freedom seas 1864" brings some pictures up, and I bet it'll bring up the threads where people have posted pictures, too.

We have it booked next year. Excited!

It's got to be a rollaway because the sofa bed is just the bottom of the sofa with the back pillows removed. You might want to double and triple check with RCI to make sure four people can indeed stay in that room. Are the kids little? If so the rollaway will be fine, but if it's an older child it might be annoying for a week.

Thanks. There will be 2 adults and 2 children....10 and 5. So a convertible sofa and a rollaway will be fine.

Thanks for the insight!

• 3 months later...

We will be 3 in this cabin; I noted that someone wrote that the "Vision Class" (of which Enchantment is) had recently replaced two areas - Explorers Lounge and Crown+Anchor Study - to make these 8 Panoramic V (POV) cabins... 4 on each side, near the elevators, mid-ship Also noted someone wrote that 7098 had bed by the window...so I am guessing that 8098 will also have the bed by the window. Does anyone have any photos of this cabin, by chance?

• 1 year later...
I went ahead and reserved 8039. I'm excited about it :-). I still hope to hear from others who have stayed in these cabins.

Did you like the Panoramic Ocean View room? Did you have a lot of noise from the Centrum?

Thanks

Did you like the Panoramic Ocean View room? Did you have a lot of noise from the Centrum?

Thanks

Yes, I did. It was different. It was nice having such a large window and sitting up on the small window bench. As you know, it's right next to the centrum. When you opened the door, you absolutely could hear what was happening in the centrum area, but with the door closed, I couldn't hear anything. I could hear just a little if I stood next to the door but once in bed, I really couldn't hear anything at all.

Yes, I did. It was different. It was nice having such a large window and sitting up on the small window bench. As you know, it's right next to the centrum. When you opened the door, you absolutely could hear what was happening in the centrum area, but with the door closed, I couldn't hear anything. I could hear just a little if I stood next to the door but once in bed, I really couldn't hear anything at all.

That's good to know. 😁

Thanks

We were in 7584 on the Vision of the Seas in January 2016. We loved this room so much, I just booked the exact same room on Rhapsody of the Seas for 2019. The location is fabulous! Sometimes we would notice noise (very muffled) coming from the Centrum if we were in the room for the night. We actually liked it! It was so easy to step out of the room and look to see what was going on in the Centrum. We were on a 10 night cruise, and felt like we were so connected to all the activities taking place. We love to people watch, and this room was perfect for us. You just can't beat the window seat, too! The room is large, and we found that we liked it as well as having a Balcony room (which is what we normally book). We still felt connected to the sea. It was nice to stand at the window, look straight down to the ocean, and to not have all the wind of being out on the balcony on sea days. These rooms are hidden gems. They book fast, so don't wait. It's only a matter of time before everyone is in on this secret!

We were in 7584 on the Vision of the Seas in January 2016. We loved this room so much' date=' I just booked the exact same room on Rhapsody of the Seas for 2019. The location is fabulous! Sometimes we would notice noise (very muffled) coming from the Centrum if we were in the room for the night. We actually liked it! It was so easy to step out of the room and look to see what was going on in the Centrum. We were on a 10 night cruise, and felt like we were so connected to all the activities taking place. We love to people watch, and this room was perfect for us. You just can't beat the window seat, too! The room is large, and we found that we liked it as well as having a Balcony room (which is what we normally book). We still felt connected to the sea. It was nice to stand at the window, look straight down to the ocean, and to not have all the wind of being out on the balcony on sea days. These rooms are hidden gems. They book fast, so don't wait. It's only a matter of time before everyone is in on this secret![/quote']

We have 7584 booked on the Vision for December! I'm so excited to experience one of these panoramic rooms! I actually like the idea of having the window seat instead of the window going all the way down to the floor. The window still looks huge! :hearteyes:

We were just in 7586 on Grandeur last week. Loved the POV so much that we tried to book it while we were onboard for our New England sailing on Grandeur in 2018... Nope. Now it is for 3 or more people in the cabin, so my husband and I couldn't book a POV. These are a great size and 7586 has the sofa right next to the window. The ledge on the window is very deep, as has been stated before, so lots of additional room there for sitting or storing things. Would definitely recommend this cabin! Oh, and no, we did not hear any noise from the Centrum, and we go to bed early. Cannot say enough good things about these cabins!

We were just in 7586 on Grandeur last week. Loved the POV so much that we tried to book it while we were onboard for our New England sailing on Grandeur in 2018... Nope. Now it is for 3 or more people in the cabin, so my husband and I couldn't book a POV. These are a great size and 7586 has the sofa right next to the window. The ledge on the window is very deep, as has been stated before, so lots of additional room there for sitting or storing things. Would definitely recommend this cabin! Oh, and no, we did not hear any noise from the Centrum, and we go to bed early. Cannot say enough good things about these cabins!

We are booked in a POV, Vision 8043, for our Baltic cruise in August. At the time I booked, veranda and suite staterooms were sold out, but POV was available. I phoned Royal for the booking. The agent received special permission for us to book 8043 as a party of two. This was a special circumstance, and the POV was the highest level of stateroom available.