Sun Princess stopped end of Brisb River 30/12/12 why?

Evening everyone,

Does anyone know why Sun Princess has stopped at cargo terminal at the

end of the Brisbane River.???

She was 2-1/2hrs late leaving also...:eek:

Happy New Year to all, hope 2013 brings joy and happiness to all.

Be it cruising, or just dreaming of one. :)

Cheers

Robyn

Would have been due to high winds in Brisbane today.. The river has a restriction that if the winds are above 15 knots, ships can't move up or down river.. Effected our last cruise.. due to high winds we had a delay of 3 hours departing.. and returning was at the grain terminal again due to the high winds.

I think the far is high winds could push a cruise ship into the gateway bridge pylon.

If you ask me it was kinda stupid to build a cruise terminal up a river with a wind restriction for large ships...

Cheers

Steve

She's turning away off Moreton Island towards Bribie Island now and chugging along at 16 knots. Don't know why they stopped at the entrance, but it would have been the high winds, most likely, especially as the ship had to be turned in the river.

Just thinking could they have stopped to pickup some late passengers.?

as they were about to exit the river into the open sea. Then pulled into what looks like a container/crane terminal.

Yes good point could have been high winds. Someone on board might fill us in tomorrow. :)

It has happenned before where one of the cruise ships has called into the Fishernmans Island wharf.

I dont recall which ship it was, but I do remember someone posting to say their ship had stopped there, picked up some "equipment" and then carried on. It may be something that needed a lifting device that is not available at Portside.

someone posted on facebook it was a medical emergency

Thanks Bob.

The Grain Wharf at Fishermans Island is used quite often for cruise ships. On our last Princess cruise we boarded there.

For people who don't live in Brisbane I mention that there were very high winds yesterday.

Thanks everyone for replies :)Nice to know if I miss the ship, I have about an hour to make it toFishermans Wharf to get picked up.:D

Cheers

Ha !Ha! I dont think they stop to pick up passengers.:D

If they did , I think you would be in for a big shock when they handed you the bill for diverting the ship:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived