Getting Married on an island??

shandora

Hello brides!

I was wondering if anyone has gotten married at one of the ports without using the cruiseline's services at all. Carnival is the ship we are going to be on but i'm more interested in the experiences on the island. We are thinking that we may do it in Montego Bay Jamaica. Any help would be appreciated.

Start by finding out what the requirements are for a US citizen to get married in Jamaica. It appears cruise ship passengers don't have to have the 24 hour waiting period. If you don't get the information you are looking for here, try asking in the Jamaica forum on tripadvisor.com.

Many of the Brides on here have had island weddings and planned them without the Cruise wedding coordinators.

Things to consider:

1) Do you need to be there for so many days before being able to get married?

2) What if the ship cannot dock at your chosen island (maybe due to bad weather or another reason). You would lose out on everything.

Thanks for the tips. I may end up going through the cruiseline just to have peace of mind. That is if we even decide to get married while on vacation...lol. We have almost all of our family going so it seems logical but who knows.

We've arranged ours through RCI but we're still getting married onboard, just incase an island weddng isnt possible. When our family are paying thousands of pounds to be with us I cant justify taking any risks.

They do suggest getting wedding insurance as well xx

We've arranged ours through RCI but we're still getting married onboard, just incase an island weddng isnt possible. When our family are paying thousands of pounds to be with us I cant justify taking any risks.

Who performs the ceremony at a wedding onboard in St. Thomas?

Archived