Coral vs Island

Parrottdizes

We are looking at the 10 day Panama Canal cruise in the fall. I know that the Coral and the Island are sister ships and have the same layout. The cruise itself is the same except some go to Grand Cayman and some go to Och Rios. Having gone on land vacations to both of those islands; that will not be a deciding factor as to which cruise we pick. Also we have leeway as to sailing dates.

So......after all of that.......for those who have sailed those ships.......do you have a preference as to which one you like and why do you prefer one ship over the other?

Thanks for your input.

We are looking at the 10 day Panama Canal cruise in the fall. I know that the Coral and the Island are sister ships and have the same layout. The cruise itself is the same except some go to Grand Cayman and some go to Och Rios. Having gone on land vacations to both of those islands; that will not be a deciding factor as to which cruise we pick. Also we have leeway as to sailing dates.

So......after all of that.......for those who have sailed those ships.......do you have a preference as to which one you like and why do you prefer one ship over the other?

Thanks for your input.

They are virtually identical. I have sailed them both and they are my favorite ships. I love their size and they have almost all of the features of the larger ships but are less crowded. You can't go wrong with either ship.

Thanks for your input.

The Coral has a major 20 day drydock scheduled to start on January 18th while the Island's major 20 day drydock is not scheduled until October 10th. If you plan on doing the Partial Transit cruise before November 29th, my vote would be for the Coral because she will have had her major drydock. BTW, all but one of the Partial transits for the 2013/2014 season are 11 days rather than 10 days.

Thanks for the replies......I know we will have a great time no matter which ship we pick.

Hadn't thought about the ships being in dry dock :eek: Now I know why I saw more sailings for the Coral than the Island in Oct. and Nov.

11 days instead of 10.........1 more day of fun! :D

We are booked for the Panama on the Coral on Sept 28, 2013. This past summer we were on the Island Princess to Alaska. Loved the size of the ship and I know the Coral is the sister ship of the Island. Our Alask trip we were in cabin E211 and our friends in E209. The Emerald deck was such a good location that the Panama Canal cruise we booked E209. Come with us and join the Roll Call. Sept 28 - Oct 13, 2013 on the Coral Princess.

Archived