Is 11:30 flight possible without doing walk off?

beachfanatic

Yes we have don it ..

And yet a few years ago we were on a cruise where we definintely could NOT have made it, no matter what due to a very late Customs clearance. I am not trying to be nasty or argumentative, but there are times when it cannot be done. Is that 5%? 3%? 10%? I don't know, but I can tell you for sure it is not 0% as it happened to us. And there have been a number of posts in recent weeks about how difficult and time consuming the FLL disembarkation can be. Not sure how this could impact the timeframes as well. I will agree that it is not likely they would miss that flight, but it is not guaranteed.

The OP has specified it is for his/her parents who are 75. This may slow things down a bit. They cannot self-disembark as they cannot manage the luggage. Not sure about how computer savvy they are; I have not met many who print boarding passes etc.

It would depend as well on whether they can get a flexible fare so that if things go wrong they can take a later flight. The cheapest fares are usually the most restrictive.

If it was my older relatives in this position, I would prebook a private transfer for them before leaving for the cruise. Visiting GR to get an earlier group is a good idea (we usually want to be off the boat later rather than sooner!).

The disembarkatin on the Eclipse for walk-offs on December 29 was one of the worst we've encountered. Perhaps it is now SOP, but we were told to line up on Deck #3 and then manhandle our bags down to Deck #2. where we had to wait again to exit the ship, a dangerous proposition for most people with fairly large bags. Customs was a breeze, as we had nothing to declare, but there was a long walk to reach that point. Taxis were available and with all this, we were at the airport at 8:30, almost in time to get an 8:45 flight. As it was, we got out 9:45 with no trouble at all. Still, Celebrity could have made things a bit easier.

Archived