Is 11:30 flight possible without doing walk off?

beachfanatic

i dont know how fast celebrity disembarkation goes but we have made a 10:30 flight after a princess cruise. we were on princess transport which is a bus and we lost alot of time waiting for him to unload all the bags. my advice would be to arrange your own transportation via taxi or pre book with SAS transportation. Ive used sas a couple times and they are reliable and priced reasonably.

I think people will probably tell you it can work if everything goes right. Today wouldn't have been one of those days. They had trouble opening the door to get the luggage off the ship and everything was delayed. Not sure what time people made it to the airport today but I would guess it was stressful.

But I bet most of the time things go more smoothly.

Do you disembark on the weekend? Travelingirl70 from this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755702&page=3 was finally able to get out and catch a cab at 11:30 this morning. Problems that could delay you do not happen all the time but it definitely is not a rare event

Oooops she beat me to it:)

Do you disembark on the weekend? Travelingirl70 from this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755702&page=3 was finally able to get out and catch a cab at 11:30 this morning. Problems that could delay you do not happen all the time but it definitely is not a rare event

Oooops she beat me to it:)

They tend to have more delays embarking rather than disembarking. Problems can and do happen, but are rare. FLL is very close to the port and you can usually clear inspections in less than an hour (sometimes much less). Even if you get off by 9:30 you could make it. The OP should ask for an early departure time and would probably be off by 8:00.

You should be fine, especially if you are taking off your own luggage. Travelingirl did not do this option and there was a apparent backup, so something like this wouldn't have affected someone carrying their own luggage off first thing in the morning.

Btw I just did a 10:40am flight in FLL but got off Reflection in Miami. So as long nothing unusual happens you will be fine.

We have made flights at or around 11:30 multiple times in Ft. Lauderdale and also in San Juan and have never had any problems. We had one close call, but it was an even earlier flight and there were delays at Customs in SJ.

I wouldn't worry about it. :)

You should be fine, especially if you are taking off your own luggage. Travelingirl did not do this option and there was a apparent backup, so something like this wouldn't have affected someone carrying their own luggage off first thing in the morning.

Btw I just did a 10:40am flight in FLL but got off Reflection in Miami. So as long nothing unusual happens you will be fine.

We have an 11:50 am flight out of FLL (also on Reflection). What time did you get off the ship to make it to the airport in time?

You mentioned on another thread that you had to be ready to disembark at 6:15 am??

We have an 11:50 am flight out of FLL (also on Reflection). What time did you get off the ship to make it to the airport in time?

You mentioned on another thread that you had to be ready to disembark at 6:15 am??

I got off the ship at 7am. They had a meeting area at 6:15 but walkoffs started at 6:45. As soon as I got out I called the shuttle service and they were there quickly. They picked us up and the van was full and off we went to the airport. Pretty simple.

Only decent priced flight, not able to walk off, do people think it is possible from Port Everglades Eclipse Saturday departure to make an 11:30 flight?

We made an 1115am flight a few days ago.

From the Port of Miami, to MIA.

Buffet Breakfast at 615am.

Back to our cabin at 645am.

We were off the ship at 7am, with the routine luggage pickup in the ship's terminal.

We were at the airport, through security and waiting for our flight by 8am.

Sounds good. We are using SAS shuttle and they've always been reliable. Sounds like we can walk off as soon as the all-clear is announced or any time after that then. .

I also used SAS. The shuttle was there within 5 mins after I called.

Beachfanatic,

I do think your parents will have an easier time meeting their luggage in the hall than trying to self disembark. It is not the way I would ever want to end a cruise even if I could tote my own luggage. Once was enough.

Under normal circumstances they should not have a problem getting to the airport. A cab is convenient and inexpensive.

If they need assistance at FLL please encourage them to ask. The TSA line will be their biggest impediment to a smooth transit of the airport. They should expect lines in excess of 30 minutes and if they feel anxious about making their flight encourage them to request a line break. This is often done and close flight passengers are routinely taken to the front of the line.

If it is possible for them to check in and pay any baggage fees onboard via the internet this will also help. They will incur a small fee if they do not have an internet package but it will save them time.

If their airline has curbside check in this will save them time as well.

In case there is a problem I would make sure they have a telephone number for their airline and a list of potential alternate flights. And, make sure you also have the information so that you can assist them if need be. Make sure you have their flight numbers, ticket reservation numbers etc.

You may be more anxious than your parents! We wish them calm seas and a wonderful cruise.

Just plan ahead and be organized.

1. Talk to GSM

2. Arrange transportation to airport in advanace and have it waiting, so you're not trying to flag a cab with everyone else

3. Get your boarding pass in advance

I was just on Silhouette December 16th, ship arrived Port Everglades 6am, we were scheduled to disembark at 7, I had a 9:45 AM flight.

We pulled in on a Sunday with 6 other ships including Oasis, and my luggage was to big to just carry off so put it out the night before like most people do.

One think I would suggest is talk to the Guest Relations Manager, and ask that they give you Green 1 luggage tags, so you and your bags are off before people with later flights.

I specifically talked to them and they changed my priority. Ship was in at 6. First call for green 1 was about 7:15, was off the ship, retrieved my bags, and cleared customs with my baggage by 8, and was at the airport by 8:20.

It helped too that had my boarding pass, and just needed to drop off my bags at the kiosk

It is for my 75 year old parents. They are fine on their own but would have trouble with walking off with the bags. That is why I asked.

are you any type of status?

be no problem at all you fill out the card and place your departure time not hard at all.

you can go up to guest relations also to talk to them.

was home b4 ten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSp9stjC6s

here is a video I made getting off the ship ship is at port at 7 AM docked already enjoy

I COMPLETELY disagree with those who tell you it will definitely be fine. It will probably be fine. We have had at least one cruise in recent years where we could not disemark in FLL until after 9:30. There was a mad crush of passengers trying to make flights. We had seniors with us and it was very difficult for them. Another point of which to be aware - airlines change flight times. On that particular day (the perfect storm per se!) our airline had bumped up the time on our flight by 45 minutes. I can tell you from personal experience that 70+ year olds do not do all that well running with luggage to and through the airport in hot, humid weather they are not used to! (we helped as much as we could, but we can only do so much ourselves as we are not spring chickens either:)). If you want to chance it, plan ahead with them, and also plan a back-up plan just in case. I would estimate they would only have a 10% chance of needing it, but need it they might no matter what some say.

Archived