Taxi to Rendezvous

cascargirl

It looks like they have had a price increase. I actually just emailed Rendezvous and this is the information I got back from them:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our lovely resort.

Attached are the current day pass pricing options for Rendezvous - a couples only, all-inclusive resort.

Also, please find a fact sheet about the property.

If you wish to make advance reservations or have any questions regarding the Day Pass Options, please feel free to contact the hotel directly via email at: reservations@theromanticholiday.com or via phone at #1.758.457.7900, fax #1.758.457.7917

You can take a taxi from the pier to the resort.

The hotel can assist you with pricing options for taxis as well as any other details you may need.

We wish you a wonderful vacation in St. Lucia and thank you for choosing SunSwept Resorts!

Kind regards,

SunSwept Resorts USA

http://www.theromanticholiday.com

For island information and weather updates, please visit: http://www.stlucianow.com/travelessentials.aspx

http://www.sunlinktours.com - optional tours & excursions

http://www.stlucialuxurycars.com - car rentals

(printed prices/inclusions subject to changes)

Non-Resident Tariff

All Day Pass

Includes Meals, Beverages, Entertainment and use of resort facilities

from 9:00am until 11:00pm

US$160.00 per guest

Day Pass

Includes Meals, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 10:00am until 6:00pm

US$95.00 per guest

Half Day Pass (Morning)

Includes Breakfast only, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 8:00am until 12 noon

US$45.00 per guest

Half Day Pass (Afternoon)

Includes Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 12 noon until 6:00pm

US$60.00 per guest

Breakfast Pass

Includes Breakfast only

from 8:00am until 10:30am

US$30.00 per guest

Lunch Pass

Includes Lunch only and Beverages

from 12 noon until 3:00pm

US$40.00 per guest

Dinner Pass

Includes Dinner, Beverages and Entertainment

from 7:00pm until 12 midnight

US$85.00 per guest

ALL FACILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

(Excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports)

Reed Princess

How do we contact the resort to arrange for the day pass or is it first come first serve? This looks lovely.

I was also looking at Ti Kaye - but we stopped there on a prior trip and Rendezvous seems a bit more luxurious with more amenities. Would you agree?

Rendezvous always has been, and still is, very flexible on times... many times have asked to change the half day hours to 10-4 and have had no problem at all - we have just had to promise to not eat breakfast at the resort, as at 10 am they are still serving breakfast. Not a problem, just ate before hand and enjoyed the pool/beach in the meantime, a few cocktails, lunch and such and then took off at 4. Just speak with them - usually helps to give a quick call and verify the person's name you speak with, but email can work also. Enjoy.

Rendezvous always has been, and still is, very flexible on times... many times have asked to change the half day hours to 10-4 and have had no problem at all - we have just had to promise to not eat breakfast at the resort, as at 10 am they are still serving breakfast. Not a problem, just ate before hand and enjoyed the pool/beach in the meantime, a few cocktails, lunch and such and then took off at 4. Just speak with them - usually helps to give a quick call and verify the person's name you speak with, but email can work also. Enjoy.

Thanks for that information. It is really helpful!😊

Adults Only AND a lazy river!!! Where do I sign up?? :D:D:D

Wanda, I've sent an email to the one above today - will let you know details on how to reserve.

Talk to you on the roll call.

:)

Adults Only AND a lazy river!!! Where do I sign up?? :D:D:D

LOL! Keep in mind - it's not really a lazy river you can float around in a circle on a tube or swimming per se; it is more of a "river" through a portion of the property with secluded coves for some privacy with waterfalls and smaller dipping pools along the way - you really can't float down the length. It's very lovely and relaxing, and nice to cool off in the semi-private seeming pools or relax in the coves though, very romantic and quiet. Just want to make sure your expectations are in line with what's actually there!

Enjoy!

LOL! Keep in mind - it's not really a lazy river you can float around in a circle on a tube or swimming per se; it is more of a "river" through a portion of the property with secluded coves for some privacy with waterfalls and smaller dipping pools along the way - you really can't float down the length. It's very lovely and relaxing, and nice to cool off in the semi-private seeming pools or relax in the coves though, very romantic and quiet. Just want to make sure your expectations are in line with what's actually there!

Enjoy!

Thanks Reedprincess - I've sent her the website and warned about how quiet and exclusive it is - we have drooled over the pics and I think it will be a perfect spot for us. Now if I can just get a response to my email.....I may have to bite the bullet and call to reserve. Maybe when I work from home on Friday I will ring them up.

Thanks so much for your help with all your detailed responses - helped me decide!:)

Does anyone know if they take credit cards (Amex), or is the fee cash-only?

Thanks!

Yes, they take credit cards, Visa and MC. Or cash if you prefer. There are very, very, very few places on the island that accept Amex - and I am fairly certain Rendezvous is not one of them.

Enjoy.

I actually just heard back on our 10-4 reservation and Angus replied that they take all major credit cards, but they charge an extra 1% if AMEX is used.

Yes, they take credit cards, Visa and MC. Or cash if you prefer. There are very, very, very few places on the island that accept Amex - and I am fairly certain Rendezvous is not one of them.

Enjoy.

I actually just heard back on our 10-4 reservation and Angus replied that they take all major credit cards, but they charge an extra 1% if AMEX is used.

Yes I just got the same email. Maybe there was a demand for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just heard back from Angus. We reserved 10am-4pm for $65 per person. This is a couples-only resort. No singles allowed, whether adults or children.

This sounds really odd. You can only get the day pass if you're part of a couple??? I know it's adults only, but can't a solo traveler off a cruise ship get a day pass?

This sounds really odd. You can only get the day pass if you're part of a couple??? I know it's adults only, but can't a solo traveler off a cruise ship get a day pass?

Their rules state couples only. I don't know if they would actually turn away a solo traveller. Here's a link to their description: The Romantic Holiday.

Their rules state couples only. I don't know if they would actually turn away a solo traveller. Here's a link to their description: The Romantic Holiday.

Maybe I wouldn't be comfortable there anyway as a solo traveler??

This is my first solo cruise after visiting St. Lucia many times with my husband as well as with several of my kids. After doing the "full island tour" several times, catamaran sails down to the Pitons, ziplining and climbing Gros Piton, I was ready for just a relaxing day at an all-inclusive. I'm leaving behind DH, 4 kids, 4 dogs and 2 cats and would love a day of relaxation! I'm just not sure where now?? :confused:

Maybe I wouldn't be comfortable there anyway as a solo traveler??

This is my first solo cruise after visiting St. Lucia many times with my husband as well as with several of my kids. After doing the "full island tour" several times, catamaran sails down to the Pitons, ziplining and climbing Gros Piton, I was ready for just a relaxing day at an all-inclusive. I'm leaving behind DH, 4 kids, 4 dogs and 2 cats and would love a day of relaxation! I'm just not sure where now?? :confused:

There are a few other all inclusives on the island that are not couples-only. Check out Sandals--there are three of them. Also the Jalousie Hilton is nice. :)

There are a few other all inclusives on the island that are not couples-only. Check out Sandals--there are three of them. Also the Jalousie Hilton is nice. :)

Jalousie hasn't been a Hilton for more than 10 years - it has gone through several ownership/management changes, the latest being that it is now part of Viceroy properties and called Sugar Beach. Their former day passes were a total waste of time (you were basically paying for a food credit as you couldn't use the pool, etc), not sure if they offer and "day pass" now. But, you can still visit the resort, spa, enjoy the beach restaurant, use the free chairs on the side or rent one of the padded ones from the resort. It is over an hour by land though - kind of takes up a lot of the day.

Whether you can visit Rendezvous as solo would very much depend on them - you can always contact them and ask. Personally, I don't think it would be a problem for a day pass. Sandals is "couples" only also, but definitely allows singles (more expensive though at $100 for the day) Of the 3, Halcyon and La Toc are the closest.

Good luck and enjoy your visit!

Jalousie hasn't been a Hilton for more than 10 years - it has gone through several ownership/management changes, the latest being that it is now part of Viceroy properties and called Sugar Beach. Their former day passes were a total waste of time (you were basically paying for a food credit as you couldn't use the pool, etc), not sure if they offer and "day pass" now. But, you can still visit the resort, spa, enjoy the beach restaurant, use the free chairs on the side or rent one of the padded ones from the resort. It is over an hour by land though - kind of takes up a lot of the day.

Whether you can visit Rendezvous as solo would very much depend on them - you can always contact them and ask. Personally, I don't think it would be a problem for a day pass. Sandals is "couples" only also, but definitely allows singles (more expensive though at $100 for the day) Of the 3, Halcyon and La Toc are the closest.

Good luck and enjoy your visit!

Thanks to those who responded! I made a phone call to the Rendezvous and they suggested I send an email with the question as to whether I can visit their resort as a "solo". I've sent the email and am awaiting a response.

The main reason I chose this resort over Sandals was not really the cost, but the proximity. I like having the option to walk there from the pier instead of having to rely on a taxi there and back.

reedprincess, not sure if you've visited the Rendezvous yourself, but will I feel awkward or stick out like a sore thumb if I'm there by myself? I just never thought about it. I was just looking at the proximity, the beach, the pools, etc. when deciding that it looked like a lovely way to spend the day. I've done so many different things on the island on previous trips, I was trying to find something different. I just couldn't come up with anything and this resort looked really nice.

We have been to the Rendevous while on a cruise last February.

it is a lovely place.

I would definitely not recommend walking to the resort from the port, especially alone. We considered it as we love to walk but did not get a feeling that it is very safe. Even walking down the beach while there seemed a little seedy. The beach in front of the resort is public so there were many locals hanging around including some (although not all)unsavory looking characters. Just being honest.....

Even the cab driver made us feel uneasy. He approached us as we had left the ship so we went with him through a few narrow streets to a very run down old cab. We did get there safely but said we would not book a cab again without seeing it first. Or we might choose an organized excursion if in St. Lucia again.

Of all the islands we were at this one made us feel most uneasy. This is probably not everyones experience but was ours.

Thanks to those who responded! I made a phone call to the Rendezvous and they suggested I send an email with the question as to whether I can visit their resort as a "solo". I've sent the email and am awaiting a response.

The main reason I chose this resort over Sandals was not really the cost, but the proximity. I like having the option to walk there from the pier instead of having to rely on a taxi there and back.

reedprincess, not sure if you've visited the Rendezvous yourself, but will I feel awkward or stick out like a sore thumb if I'm there by myself? I just never thought about it. I was just looking at the proximity, the beach, the pools, etc. when deciding that it looked like a lovely way to spend the day. I've done so many different things on the island on previous trips, I was trying to find something different. I just couldn't come up with anything and this resort looked really nice.

Been to Rendezvous many times, and overall, no I don't think you will stick out or feel uncomfortable at all - no more than you would at a Sandals! As long as it's cool with the resort, you'll be fine.

As far as walking - it is all along the public highway. There are no alleys or side roads, everything is along the well traveled highway, whether by taxi or foot. While the buildings look rundown, you are in perfectly safe areas, even on your own as you are in very public, widely traveled areas both on foot and vehicle, as it is the highway (one lane each way for the most part). If you do opt for a taxi ride, I would second OT on wanting to see the taxi first. Use only the licensed taxi operators at the ports (at Pointe Seraphine, they are right outside the gate after passing through Diamonds International and are in uniforms), at La PLace Caranage, they are available at the info desk inside near the main entrance, again should be uniformed. Licensed taxi operators have TX license plates. Should be about $10US one way from either port. Or, ask the resort to arrange a driver for you - they would be happy to do so.

All beaches in St. Lucia are public, and as locals, we do enjoy our own beaches. Whether the are "unsavory" is highly subjective as some people associate dreadlocks or somewhat tattered clothing with drugs or "unsavory" behavior, or people who are enjoying the beach during a workday as somehow "unsavory". Not sure what sort of reasons OntarioTraveller may have had for their observations of locals being "unsavory", but the beach itself in front of the resort is patrolled by hotel security and no one will bother you at all along the beach around the resort, if that is a concern. To speak with/interact with any locals along the beach, you would need to head down to the left (when facing the sea) down past the cemetery area and on to main Vigie beach area. Lovely swimming beach actually.

There will be locals along any Sandals beach also, or any beach on the island actually.

Enjoy your visit, whichever you choose!