Belikin Brewery

xfitlauren

Hey! My family and I are stopping at Belize City on an NCL cruise in a month. We all want to hit the beach and my husband and I want to tour the brewery. Any suggestions on excursions that include the beach and the brewery? Also, does anyone know if you can just hop a cab to the brewery and go on a tour without being part of an excursion or tour group? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!! :D

• 3 months later...
Hey! My family and I are stopping at Belize City on an NCL cruise in a month. We all want to hit the beach and my husband and I want to tour the brewery. Any suggestions on excursions that include the beach and the brewery? Also, does anyone know if you can just hop a cab to the brewery and go on a tour without being part of an excursion or tour group? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!! :D

did you make it to the brewery? i will be in Belize in Sept and also am interested in brewery tour but cant find any info:confused:

• 1 month later...
Sounds interesting...anyone done this?

At one time CoralBreeze did a Belize City and Brewery tour. I don't see it on their current website. They do have a Taste of Belize tour but need 4-6 people to make it work.

Belize brewery is up in Ladyville about 20 kilometers from the pier. You can contact them off their website and see if they have DIY tours. http://www.belikin.com/

Another interesting spot is the OneBarrel Distillery. It's Belize's rum. Only about 4 kilometers up the Northern highwya from the city, they do have a Hertiage Center where they conduct tours and tastings. http://www.onebarrelrum.com/home.html

At one time CoralBreeze did a Belize City and Brewery tour. I don't see it on their current website. They do have a Taste of Belize tour but need 4-6 people to make it work.

Belize brewery is up in Ladyville about 20 kilometers from the pier. You can contact them off their website and see if they have DIY tours. http://www.belikin.com/

Another interesting spot is the OneBarrel Distillery. It's Belize's rum. Only about 4 kilometers up the Northern highwya from the city, they do have a Hertiage Center where they conduct tours and tastings. http://www.onebarrelrum.com/home.html

I contacted Belikin, they now have an "official" tour package with Carnival. It's $90 PER PERSON... sorry, but I don't llike tours THAT much :mad:... will check on One Barrel now tho.....

I contacted Belikin, they now have an "official" tour package with Carnival. It's $90 PER PERSON... sorry, but I don't llike tours THAT much :mad:... will check on One Barrel now tho.....

WOW! That's more than I remember paying to go all the way out to Xunantunich a few years back.:eek: And that was an all day-er with lunch.

Guessing that with the cruise lines involved in a tour, you can't book on your own. :( Seems that's what vendors have to sign to in order to do cruise line tours.

WOW! That's more than I remember paying to go all the way out to Xunantunich a few years back.:eek: And that was an all day-er with lunch.

Guessing that with the cruise lines involved in a tour, you can't book on your own. :( Seems that's what vendors have to sign to in order to do cruise line tours.

To try and do it on your own you need to take a taxi from Belize City to Ladyville. The cost for two would be $25us each way plus waiting time. Much beter options. Head to the Cayes for the day.

Archived