Security/ Room Stewart question

Dog Drool

I do not like to advertise when I am in my room or not so i do not use the “Do not disturb” door hanger

I do use the Deadbolt while in the room. I know the ship can get in with the deadbolt. But will the Stewart know the dead bolt is on when they come to clean the room? I would prefer not to have them walk in on me napping or showering. I am sure they would rather not also.:D

Whenever DH is napping -- I do put out the Privacy Card and I also put the dead bolt on the door.

This way the cabin stewards know you are resting or showering, etc. and they will not disturb you.

And they are not able to enter the cabin with the deadbolt on.

If there would be an emergency, security would be summoned to access the cabin.

...it's steward...not stewart. Stewart is a Scottish plaid, I believe.

...and My Father - Who Will Not be cleaning you cabin or picking up your laundry for you (But he always accepts tips)

:cool:

Dog Drool...FFR...it's steward...not stewart. Stewart is a Scottish plaid, I believe.

Sorry about that I know better but spell checker got me again.

I am glad that they can not enter the room with the dead bolt unless it is an emergency. I have heard the Steward knock very softly would never wake me up, barely heard them over the TV

I am glad that they can not enter the room with the dead bolt unless it is an emergency. I have heard the Steward knock very softly would never wake me up, barely heard them over the TV

Automatic spell checker is the pits, I think! You're right, the best way to avert the steward is to engage the dead bolt.

Hi Ms. Drool (Mel) I look forward to sailing with you, my fellow Virginian! I use the do not disturb sign for this reason. When it's not there, the room stewards/maintenence know I'm gone, and thus can clean my cabin, deliver laundry, etc. without wondering if I'm there or not. I'm an early riser, so they discover pretty early on that I can be one of their first cabin's cleaned. I have never trusted that the staff might not step in, while I'm in the shower or otherwise occupied, so if I want privacy, I use it.

In hotels, I use it all the time, whether I'm actually in there or not, because I figure if someone is going to break into a hotel room, they will probably avoid the one with the privacy sign in favor of an empty hotel room.

..... I have never trusted that the staff might not step in, while I'm in the shower or otherwise occupied, so if I want privacy, I use it. .....

As do we. It took only once to learn that lesson!

Now if we're in the cabin for more than 5 minutes we put up the privacy sign. ;) They knock so softly and sometimes are opening the door as they knock, so many times there isn't time to get to the door before they have it open.

This is one of the first things I tell a first-time cruiser, to use that privacy sign. ;)

I would put out the sign. I used to just lock the door. While on Princess I had the door locked and the steward was able to get in. Luckily, I was dressed and wasn't on the toilet or anything:D:o. I don't like it when they come into the room when I'm on the balcony either. It scares me a lot of the time so I have the sign out quite often.

I do remove the Privacy sign if I am expecting room service or some other delivery/requested service AND turn down the TV. The knocking is so quiet, that I also learned to leave the balcony door ajar if we were both out there when expecting a delivery. The ability of the stewards and other staff to provide unobtrusive and it seemed almost magical service was a real pleasure on our recent cruise.

Archived