MIA to TPA B2B doable?

madera cruiser

We have done btob Ft. Lauderdale / Tampa in the past and encountered no problems- but that was doing it with our own car so we did not have the delay of waiting for a rental car.

We are doing Tampa btob to Ft Lauderdale next week and, again, do not forsee any problem. We'll get off as one of the first passengers and should be in FTL before noon.

I know the rule is generally not to arrive on day of sailing, but we live in Florida, so never go beforehand. Our longest drive is 4 hours, and we've found starting out before 8a.m. gets us to the port with plenty of time to spare. JMO, but others may counsel you otherwise.

It is only a 5+ hour drive from Miami to Tampa, so you have lots of time to explore Miami, south FLA, Orlando, Tampa, etc.

Rent a car in Miami (Hertz offers free shuttles to their downtown Miami location and has a location in Tampa only 2 blocks from the port) and go where you want.

Good luck! :)

Are you disembarking in Tampa on 10/24 and embarking in Miami on 10/26? No problem, you have most of the 24th and all day the 25th to travel or goof off. Not sure why you would think that might be an issue.

Looks like it's the other way around. Getting off in Miami on the 24th and boarding in Tampa on the 26th. I agree, no issue, other than figuring out what to do in the time in between. So many choices. I like the OP's thinking though, of extending the holiday if you have to fly any distance (and deal with the travel hassle).

Archived